- "Modern and forward-thinking on the outside, trapped in the 19th century on the inside, the Jackal is as British as they come. More leather and wood paneling than any other luxury car in its class. But don't mention "class"..."
- ―Southern San Andreas Super Autos description.
The car has a luxury, swept back profile and has an appearance similar to a Maserati Quattroporte, Renault Samsung SM7 (second generation) and 2014 Volvo S60, especially the front fascia. It is somewhat similar to a more compact version of the 2011 Jaguar XFR, but its profile is much more compact with a higher bonnet/hood profile, different rear lights, fascia, and side air intakes (which are mostly similar to a Maserati, which the other Ocelot model is based on). Some of the design has taken some cues from the Tesla Model S. The rear takes most of its design influence from the Opel Insignia (a.k.a. Buick Regal in the USA) and second generation Saab 9-5, featuring a chrome strip connected to stylized C-shaped rear light units.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto V
The overall performance of the Jackal makes it an excellent choice for a getaway vehicle. The engine sounds to be relatively low revving, and manages to propel the nearly-four thousand pound Jackal off the line quickly, making for an impressive 0-60 time. It corners surprisingly well for such a big sedan, making the Jackal a rather fun and exciting vehicle to drive, and acceleration and braking is very good as well, although under stress it does have a tendency to lock the front brakes up. The Jackal is also well-built, meaning it can take a number of hits before being disabled. Top speed is acceptable, but nothing spectacular.
GTA V Overview
(0-60 mph in Seconds)
(mph / kmh)
(FWD / RWD / AWD)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||88.5 / 142.5||6||N/A||RWD||1800 / 3968||N/A|
|N/A||142 / 228||6||N/A||RWD||1800 / 3968||N/A|
|6.1 Seconds||115 / 185||6||N/A||RWD||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto V
|Type||Upgrade||Cost (Story)||Cost (Online)|
|Armor||Armor Upgrade 20%||$1,625||$6,375|
|Armor Upgrade 40%||$4,062||$10,625|
|Armor Upgrade 60%||$6,500||$17,000|
|Armor Upgrade 80%||$11,375||$29,750|
|Armor Upgrade 100%||$16,250||$42,500|
|Bumpers||Custom Front Splitter||$1,250||$2,500|
|Custom Rear Bumper||$1,250||$2,500|
|Engine||EMS Upgrade, Level 1||$2,925||$5,850|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 2||$4,062||$8,125|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 3||$5,850||$11,700|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 4||$10,887||$21,775|
|Exhaust||Dual Exit Exhaust||$375||$750|
|Hood||Ram Air Hood||$850||$1,700|
|Spoiler||Custom Spoiler 1||$750||$1,500|
|Custom Spoiler 2||$950||$1,900|
Grand Theft Auto V
- The car is relatively common in Los Santos, appearing mostly in the high-end districts such as Rockford Hills, Richman, Vinewood, and Vespucci Beach.
- The car appears in The Long Stretch mission, which serves as a getaway car for Franklin, Lamar, and Stretch.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Quite common in GTA Online, can be found in Los Santos.
- Can be found driving around the Paleto Bay area.
- Can be bought for $60,000 from Southern San Andreas Super Autos after the Heists Update.
- The default radio station of the Jackal is FlyLo FM or Soulwax FM.
- In Grand Theft Auto Online the Jackal sells for $6,000 at Los Santos Customs. When fully modified, it can only sell for $93,750.
- The car's name comes from the name of a wild dog, but it could also be inspired by the unnamed British assassin "Jackal", from Frederick Forsyth's 1971 novel "The Day of the Jackal", and its 1973 movie adaption.
- The Jackal is considered a Coupé although it has four doors, suggesting that it is a "four-door coupé" or a fastback sedan.
- The fact that both the make and model of the car are named after animals is likely a parody of the prevalence of animal-named makes and models throughout the automotive industry.
- When the Jackal is viewed from at least one car length behind, the right taillight appears to be broken even if the car hasn't been in an accident. However, if the player gets closer to it, the taillight will appear as normal. This might be a texture glitch.