|Language||English, Jamaican Patois|
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean sea. There are many references to Jamaica in the Grand Theft Auto series. It's capital and largest city is Kingston, though in the GTA world it's unknown whether Kingston exists or not, as could later be referenced under a different name.
In GTA Series
- The Uptown Yardies and their leader, King Courtney, are a Jamaican gang.
- The game has a radio station called K-JAH, which plays reggae music which originated in Jamaica.
GTA San Andreas
- The radio station K-Jah West play dub/reggae, which is usually associated with Jamaica.
- The characters Little Jacob and Real Badman are Jamaicans.
- The Homebrew Café is a Jamaican cafe.
- The Hillside Posse are a Jamaican gang.
- Schottler and Beechwood City, Broker and Willis, Dukes, are Jamaican influenced neighborhoods in Liberty City.
- The radio stations Tuff Gong Radio, Massive B Soundsystem 96.9 and RamJam FM play reggae.
- The Yardies (Hillside Posse) are one of the drug dealing gangs; they sell enormous amounts of Weed and usually give good prices on Downers.
- Ticklah is a reggae/dubstep radio station, with its name borrowed from Jamaican artist Ticklah and all of its songs are made by him.