- "Alright, alright already. Brett was just trying to be friendly."
- ―Joseph Kaplan.
Joseph Kaplan is a 33-year old Czech immigrant living in Hove Beach, Broker, Liberty City. He is a known associate of Mikhail Faustin and other Russian criminals in the area. Although he has only one conviction (in 2003 for sexual assault) he is suspected by police of running a prostitution ring in a Hove Beach Sex Shop and also making low budget pornographic movies in its basement. Several young women have filed reports against Kaplan, including prostitute Marnie Allen, claiming that they were conned into appearing in his films. He was voiced by Jim Norton.
Kaplan is seen in the mission Do You Have Protection? in which Niko Bellic shoots his employee Brett as a warning for not paying Faustin a cut of his profits from the movies he makes and he is knocked out cold with a hit to the head with a gun by Dimitri Rascalov. The player can then kill the unconscious Kaplan if they choose.
LCPD Database information
First Name: Joseph
Place of Birth: Czech Republic
Affiliations: Known Associate of Mikhail Faustin and Russian Organized Crime in Hove Beach.
- 2003 - Sexual Assault
- Czech immigrant.
- Suspected of running a prostitution ring from a Hove Beach sex shop.
- Believed to be involved in making low budget pornographic movies from his basement.
- Several young women have filed complaints about him, including prostitute Marnie Allen, claiming they were conned into appearing in pornographic movies.
- Do You Have Protection? (Can be killed)
- Despite what many people think, Kaplan does not share a voice actor with Luca Silvestri. Kaplan is voiced by Jim Norton, while Silvestri is voiced by Robert Kelly. The two have appeared together many times on the Opie & Anthony radio show, where the similarity of their voices has been noted.
- Joseph can be killed in "Do You Have Protection" but only after Dimitri knocks him out with his gun, otherwise the mission will fail.
- There is a random character model of Joseph Kaplan that can be found in Middle Park East.