- "Classic rock the way it was meant to be enjoyed. On Dust"
- — Slogan
The station appears to have a gonzo sense of humor, as evident in several jingles; When all your buddies from the 70s have gone to rehab, we strongly encourage you to stay on; The Dust, and in of Smith's lines of dialogue, such as "You can cry about the miscarriage or keep drinking, rock on." and "For those of you coming to consciousness in a strange bed next to a fat chick with beer cans and underwear across the floor, run the hell out and get to the clinic" or even "It's not every day you hear that record-- wait, yes it is. I love it.", the latter being an apparent reference to the ever-looping songs of the in-game radios, as their playlists and talking lines aren't updated everyday like real-life radio stations.
According to one of the radio stingers, K-DST began broadcasting in 1970.
- Foghat - Slow Ride (1975)
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River (1969)
- Heart - Barracuda (1977)
- KISS - Strutter (1974)
- Toto - Hold the Line (1978)
- Rod Stewart - Young Turks (1981)
- Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream (1989)*
- Joe Cocker - Woman to Woman (1972)*
- Humble Pie - Get Down to It (1973)
- Grand Funk Railroad - Some Kind of Wonderful (1974)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird (1974)
- America - A Horse with No Name (1972)
- The Who - Eminence Front (1982)
- Boston - Smokin' (1976)
- David Bowie - Somebody Up There Likes Me (1975)
- Eddie Money - Two Tickets to Paradise (1978)
- Billy Idol - White Wedding (1982)
Songs marked with * don't appear in the Re-Released versions of the game.
The Volume 3 of the soundtrack released in 2004 reveals a song which was planned to appear on the station but wasn't included in the final version.
- This is one of the Los Santos Vagos' favourite radio stations.
- Three callers call into the station, and all of them criticise Smith for his DJ skills ("No-one understands what the hell you're saying"), and his seemingly underwhelming music career ("My God you were crap, you really sucked"), causing Smith to angrily insult them.
- K-DST is the default radio station for all aircraft, except the Andromada and Skimmer, which play Radio X and CSR 103.9 respectively.
- There is an ironic phrase said by Smith after the song "Green River" by Creedence Clearwater Revival. He says "This is a plaid shirt free zone. We're rockers, people. Not lumberjacks". Creedence Clearwater Revival's lead singer, John Fogerty, often wore plaid shirts in concerts, and is commonly seen wearing one in publicity photos.
- The song "Eminence Front" by The Who also appears in Sleeping Dogs, a game considered by some to be a GTA Clone.
- "Get Down to It" by Humble Pie will automatically play whenever the player starts a Stadium Event.
- A real life radio station named KDST (minus the hyphen) broadcasts from Dyersville, Iowa. It has been named "KDST" since 1988, though it plays country music rather than classic rock.
- During the San Andreas Anniversary Weekend, it was possible to find a T-Shirt with the K-DST logo in the Special Crate drops in Grand Theft Auto Online.
- Liberty Rock Radio - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto IV which also plays classic rock.
- Los Santos Rock Radio - A station in Grand Theft Auto V which also plays classic rock.
- Emotion 98.3 - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories which plays other songs by Eddie Money and Toto.
- V-Rock - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories which plays another song by KISS.