The Kalahari is based on 1968-1987 Citroën Méhari, with a slight Japanese styling, making it look like the stereotype of a keijidosha cars (Japanese automotive class for a small, light automobiles including city cars and small utility vehicles).
The Kalahari performs quite well, having a nice top speed and acceleration, it also fairs well off road. The car is possibly powered by a 660cc inline-3 engine, similar to its real-life counterpart. While this vehicle has good acceleration, its top speed is not up to par when it comes to competing against other faster vehicles.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
(Number + Type)
(Kg / lb)
Top Speed (Handling.dat)
- Spawns infinitely as a special vehicle after the Beach Bum DLC is installed.
- Available at Southernsanandreassuperautos.com at no cost in GTA Online after the Beach Bum DLC is installed.
- The name refers to the Kalahari desert and thus it implies that the truck has good off-road abilities.
- There is also another vehicle of the same name (albeit with a different manufacturer), known as the Springbok Kalahari, from the 2007 racing game "MotorStorm".
- It is the second vehicle in GTA series to be based on a Citroën, the first being the Garden Shed from GTA London 1969 and GTA London 1961.
- It is the thirteenth French vehicle to be portrayed in the GTA series.
- The vehicle is based on the original French model rather than the U.S. model.
- In the Southernsanandreassuperautos.com description, it is stated that the Kalahari is still being used by the French armed forces, even though the real Méhari is obsolete by military standards.