- "A Yakuza Kanbu is in custody awaiting transfer for trial. He is a valuable member of the family. Break him out of custody and take him to the Dojo at Bedford Point."
- ― Kenji Kasen
Kenji informs Claude that a high-ranking member of the Yakuza has been arrested by the Liberty City Police Department and that Claude will be breaking him out. Claude takes a police car to 8-Ball's bomb shop, getting the car rigged with a time bomb. Claude drives to the police headquarters and parks the car next to the cells, before detonating the bomb. Claude and Kanbu then steal a police vehicle to escape the police station before changing cars to lose the pursuing police. After losing the police, Claude takes Kanbu to the Hyaku Dojo.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Steal a cop car
- Rig the car with a bomb
- Okay now go to the police station
- Arm the bomb
- Get clear of the car
- You left your honor with the Yakuza Kanbu. You must protect him
- Lose the cops
- Now get him back to the Yakuza dojo
- The Kanbu cage has blood marks on the wall, which involves police brutality. This is also evidenced by the sounds of a man being beaten. Therefore, it should only be a failure of game, as is never fully explicit the Liberty City police commits brutalities or not.
- The same blood marks are also seen in the bathroom of Apartment 3C In GTA VC and underneath the heads of dead Liberty City Port Authorities in a later mission, Grand Theft Aero.
- It is advisable not to park any other vehicles next to the Police Car, because the additional explosion of the car will kill the Kanbu.
- Kanbu's skin is the same skin as a normal Yakuza member.
- If the player tries to use a bomb-rigged vehicle that isn't a police car and detonate the wall, nothing will happen apart from the car exploding. (Tested on Android)
- An unused string in the american.GXT file, "KM1_D", refers to Claude being rewarded by allowing him to obtain two bodyguards from the Hyaku Dojo.
- Once you drop off Kanbu, he will make a remark of your smell in Japanese referring to the fact that Claude never showers during the entire game. (Romanji: Anata wa· dekamara, no yōna nioi kuso; lit: You smell like dick, dammit!)