|For the sidemission with the same name, see Karmageddon.|
- "Toni, my son, compared to most of the degenerates in this town, you're a saint! The cars pump the Devil's bum gas into our children's lungs! They are defiling Eden! Go and show these sinners the error of their ways!"
- ― "Father" Ned
Karmageddon is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Liberty Tree news reporter Ned Burner from the Liberty City Cathedral in the Bedford Point district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Toni again drops by the cathedral and is greeted by Burner, who is posing as the local reverend. He tells Toni that the motorists of Liberty City pollute the air with 'the Devil's bum gas' and that he wants Toni to show them the error of their ways. Toni drives to the Fire Station in Belleville Park, steals a Firetruck and begins to cause havoc by attacking the motorists and pedestrians. After causing a certain amount of havoc, Toni destroys the Firetruck. A radio report then airs about the havoc on Staunton Island.
The havoc caused is a points-meter, with points given for:
- Running over pedestrians
- Knocking bikers off their motorcycles
- Flipping cars
- Causing cars to do a 180 degree spin
- Causing cars to do a 360 degree spin
- Destroying vehicles
- Smashing three vehicles in a row
- Sending a vehicle flying in the air
- Sinking a vehicle
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Steal the Firetruck.
- Drive the firetruck around town causing as many pile-ups, crashes and acts of mayhem as possible.
- Now destroy the Firetruck. Don't leave any evidence.
Due to the side mission being unlocked the northernmost of the two fire trucks at the Staunton station will hereafter launch the Karmageddon side mission first, with the Firefighter mission available afterward.
- The mission's title is possibly inspired by Carmageddon, a controversial 1997 racing game where one of its goals was to brutally run over pedestrians for bonus points.
- An unused debug feature allows the Hunter to be obtained in this mission. To activate the feature, the player has to go to the pyramids across the street from the Staunton Island police station. The player then has to stand on top of the tallest pyramid and simultaneously press the following button combination: L1, UP, SELECT, X. If done correctly, the player will hear a beeping sound, and a comprehensive-proof Hunter will be parked on the helipad of the Big Shot Casino. This can be only done on the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable versions of the game as the Mobile version does not use a controller.
|PS2 Version||iOS Version|