The Kaufman Cab is a taxi in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
The Kaufman Cab is based on the game's Cabbie, which is used by the Kaufman Cabs company in Little Haiti. The vehicle only differs to the Cabbie by having the "Kaufman Cabs" livery on its sides, as well as receiving a different in-game name.
Prior to the Kaufman Cabs missions, the Kaufman Cab has a standard radio; after all of the asset missions are done for it, however, a dispatch radio is heard, with Kaufman Cabs dispatcher Delores communicating with the other drivers.
The Kaufman Cab differs from the standard Cabbie (run by Vice City Cabs) only in its weight (the Kaufman Cab is lighter, giving it better acceleration) and its engine sound (unlike the Cabbie, it emits the sound of a high-performance engine — nonetheless, it has the same top speed).
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- V.I.P. - You have to use your Kaufman Cab to hit the rival Taxi until your passenger gets off and enters in your cab.
- Friendly Rivalry - Three normal Taxis around the city have to be destroyed. You have to chase them with your Kaufman Cab.
- Cabmaggedon - Your Kaufman Cab has to survive the onslaught of six rival Taxis at a big yard in Viceport.
- Spilling the Beans - You can take a Kaufman Cab to go to Malibu Club and meet Paul.
- Located in the Kaufman Cabs depot in Little Haiti. It is replaced by the Zebra Cab after completing the Kaufman Cabs mission Cabmaggedon.
- Found around the city.
- Zebra Cab - Another taxicab variant in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
- Cabbie - Another taxi cab which the Kaufman Cab is based on
- Borgnine - A taxi cab also based on the Cabbie that appears in Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto Advance.