After failing to forcibly tax Tommy Vercetti's businesses, Forelli Crime Family Don Sonny Forelli is heading to Vice City from Liberty City in order to deal with Tommy in person and reclaim his "cut". Tommy, informed of Sonny's impending visit by Ken Rosenberg and Lance Vance, sets aside $3 million of counterfeit cash in an attempt to placate Sonny.
Sonny arrives at Tommy's mansion along with several Forelli Family members. As Tommy prepares to give Sonny the counterfeit cash, Lance openly betrays Tommy, citing "business" as his motivation. Sonny confronts Tommy over his attempt to placate him with counterfeit cash. Tommy, still reeling from Lance's betrayal, replies that he "just wanted to piss you off before I kill you".
This sparks a huge gunfight within the mansion. Lance flees to the mansion roof, while Tommy kills several Forelli Family members attempting to steal money from the mansion's safe. After killing several members, Tommy heads to the roof where he confronts and kills Lance.
After killing Lance, Tommy heads back to the mansion's foyer, where Sonny confirms Tommy's suspicion that the incident fifteen years earlier which resulted in Tommy being sent to prison for killing eleven men (after being sent to kill only one) was indeed an ambush orchestrated by Sonny. Now after his revenge, Tommy kills Sonny's guards before finally killing Sonny.
After the shootout, Ken Rosenberg reappears and asks Tommy what happened, with Tommy explaining that he had a "disagreement with a business associate". Tommy laments Lance's betrayal, before telling Ken that they won't be having anymore trouble from "up north". As Tommy announces that he is in charge, he ends the mission by telling Ken that "this could be the beginning of a beautiful business relationship".
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- The Mafia are trying to steal your money. Defend your safe
- Go and kill Lance Vance, the backstabber
- Kill Sonny and finish this once and for all
- Lance Vance - Killed for betraying Tommy.
- Sonny Forelli - Killed for betraying Tommy and attempting to kill him.
The reward for completing this mission is $30,000 and a Hunter will spawn inside Fort Baxter or on a helipad in south Ocean Beach if the player has collected all 100 Hidden Packages. Also, members of the Vercetti Gang will carry Uzis.
- Sonny's right-hand man (seen in the game's introduction) appears in the opening cutscene of this mission, but what became of him afterwards is unknown.
- In this mission the player can obtain a unique silver Stretch. These vehicles spawn outside the mansion following the mission's conclusion and can be stored in the garage.
- This mission is yet another one of the game's references to the 1983 film Scarface, closely mirroring that film's final gunfight. The only major difference is that Tommy survives the gunfight, which Tony Montana did not.
- The mission's title is a reference to a line from the Mafia film The Godfather Part II. The original line from the movie is: "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."
- During the opening cutscene, the audio depicts Tommy as instructing Ken to put $20 million in the briefcase, contrary to the subtitles which read three millions. This was rectified afterwards, when Tommy confronts Sonny and actually says $3 million.
- The final words shared between Tommy and Ken may be a reference to the ending of Casablanca, where Rick Blaine says to his friend: "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
- If the Vercetti gang spawn in the mansion during the mission, they will help Tommy kill the gang members.
- It is impossible to attract police attention while at the mansion.
- If you happen to fail this mission, the Vercetti Gang will start carrying TEC 9 machine guns.
- After the final mission is completed, there will be four post-mission calls; one from Kent Paul regarding Mercedes Cortez, the second from Juan Cortez concerned for her daughter becoming a lawyer but Tommy reassures him before he hangs up after mentioning the minister arriving at the interior, the third shows a drunken Kent Paul mourning about various things before being told to get some sleep, and the fourth and final call will depict Steve Scott telling Tommy that the latest film was a big hit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-jYgBRwl0s - PC Version