- "To be truly strong, it is important that you never show weakness."
- ― Kenji Kasen
Kenji Kasen (Japanese:加瀬健治) was a character in the Grand Theft Auto series who appears as a main character in Grand Theft Auto III (set in 2001). He is the brother of Asuka and Kazuki Kasen, and the co-leader of the Yakuza alongside his sister Asuka. He is also the brother-in-law of Toshiko Kasen possible relative of Kanbu and is possibly the father of Yuka, Asuka's niece.
Life up to 2001
In 2001 Kenji opened his casino, Kenji's Casino, in Torrington, the same place his brother Kazuki had owned his casino. Kenji joins his sister in becoming the co-leader of the Yakuza and begins to employ Claude on advice from his sister. He has Claude prove himself, despite Asuka's assurances, and, due to his fierce belief in loyalty, has him break Kanbu out of prison.
Kenji, impressed with Claude's ability, has him collect three sports cars and deposit them in a garage, ambush a deal between the Colombian Cartel and the Uptown Yardies, collect briefcases of protection money and kill many members of the Uptown Yardies who were selling the drug SPANK.
Claude later begins to work for media mogul Donald Love who employs him to kill Kenji whilst posing as a member of the Colombian Cartel, driving a Cartel Cruiser, in order to drive down property prices.
- GTA III
- Under Surveillance
- Kanbu Bust-out (Boss)
- Grand Theft Auto (Boss)
- Deal Steal (Boss)
- Shima (Boss)
- Smack Down (Boss)
- Waka-Gashira Wipeout (Killed)
- Kenji speaks with a noticeable lisp.
- It is possible to kill Kenji before completing all his missions, thus disabling the possibility of obtaining 100% completion.
- Kenji Kasen's last name was originally spelled Kassen in the beta. This is evidenced by this teaser site for Grand Theft Auto 3.