Kim Young-Guk (김영국) is a North Korean national who tries to bring "Superdollars", or counterfeit US dollars made overseas, into Liberty City. The first time he tried, in 2003, he failed and was arrested, but fled. The second time however, in 2008, he got help from a friend of his father, Derrick McReary and Derrick's friend Niko Bellic. Derrick and Niko had to protect Kim's boat from the other attacking boats. After doing this succesfully, Derrick and Niko followed Kim to his docking point in Bohan.
Later, Kim became the leader of the Korean Mob in Alderney. Gambetti Family leader, Don Jon Gravelli saw the Korean Mob as a threat and wanted to eliminate Kim. Gravelli soon obtained governmental clearence to do so from his friend working at United Liberty Paper and sent Niko Bellic to Kim's HQ in the restaurant Mr. Fuk's Rice Box.
Niko headed over to the restaurant and after killing all the guards inside, he caught up with Kim, who was fleeing the restaurant. During his last moments, Kim pleads to Niko by telling him he is "good friends with Irish junkie man", meaning Derrick McReary. However Niko ignores him (if Niko had killed Derrick during the mission Blood Brothers, he replies sardonically to Kim that "Irish junkie man is dead") and then kills him.
His name may have been inspired by North Korea's (in 2008) dictator Kim Jong-il, or even more likely "Gook", a derogatory and racist term for Asian people.
LCPD Database information
First Name: Kim
Place of Birth: North Korea
- 2003 - Trademark Counterfeiting
- North Korean national.
- Deported after being caught entering the country with counterfeit goods.
- Reports indicate that he may return to the US soon.
- If the player blows up the vehicle Kim was to escape in before he has a chance to enter it, he will then run around aimlessly until he is killed. If he is thrown out of the car once he tries to make his getaway, he will then pull out a SMG and attempt to kill the player with it.
- In the game files, there are actually three different facial models for Kim, yet two of them are never seen in-game. One is the one that is seen in the game, of Kim with a rough beard. The second is of Kim with slightly lighter skin, darker eyes and a slight goatee instead of a beard. The third is Kim with light grey hair, very faint eyebrows and clean shaven. It is unknown why these two other models were not used in-game.
- GTA IV