- The LCFD appears in many GTA games. To see all the LCFD renditions, see Liberty City Fire Department.
The Liberty City Fire Department (LCFD) is the emergency service agency for the city of Liberty City in Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories in which they are tasked to respond to fire-related emergencies.
Like other emergency services in Liberty City, LCFD crews will arrive in a scene where fire from a player's Molotov cocktail or flamethrower are raging, attempting to put the flames out using their Fire Truck's powerful deck-mounted water cannon. Players can easily commandeer the LCFD's fire trucks to perform "Firefighter" side missions.
List of Fire Stations
The Liberty City Fire Department has three stations, one located on each island. Fire trucks can usually be found parked outside each of the three stations. The stations' locations are as follows:
- Harwood, Portland Island
- Belleville Park, Staunton Island
- Francis International Airport, Shoreside Vale
Equipment and Vehicles
In Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, there are two fire trucks located outside the Staunton Island Fire Station. After completion of the mission Karmageddon for Ned Burner, entering the fire truck to the left (the player see in the game) will trigger the Karmageddon side mission. Completion of this will unlock a Molotov Cocktail spawn behind the fire station.
The FDLC in GTA III and GTA Liberty City Stories has several mottos, which can be spotted on the side of many firetrucks, these mottos include "Putting out since 1872" and "Don't burn in silence... dial 911".
The LCFD in GTA III is also implied to have an Air Division due to the presence of helicopters bearing the LCFD livery at Francis International Airport, but they are never seen using them.
- LCFD Fire Trucks spawn either with or without a unit number (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ,6).
- Their motto, "Putting out since 1872." is most likely a sexual derogatory term directed toward women who offer or readily agree to sexual intercourse.