|For information about how the LVPD pursue the player, see here.|
- "Bunch of red neck hick bastards at this precinct. Scarcely fit to be called cops."
- ―GTA San Andreas Website, talking about the Roca Escalante precinct
The Las Venturas Police Department (LVPD) is the law enforcement agency in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, servicing the city of Las Venturas, and is a branch of the agency responsible for the entire state of San Andreas; the San Andreas Police Department.
The LVPD's headquarters is located in the northeast of the city, in the Roca Escalante district and is where the player will re-spawn after being arrested anywhere within Las Venturas city limits. LVPD officers wear uniforms consisting of a light khaki shirt and light khaki pants. These officers carry a Nightstick and a Pistol, and when the player reaches a three-star wanted level some LVPD officers will carry Shotguns. They mostly travel in pairs inside a Police Car and many officers walk the streets of Las Venturas.
The LVPD is modeled after the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. The primary means of transportation for officers in Las Venturas is the Police Car. Interestingly, the police car in Las Venturas is unique, being based on a singular platform not used for any other vehicles in the game. The police cars in Los Santos and San Fierro are based on the Premier, a common civilian vehicle inspired by an early-mid 90's Chevrolet Caprice, while the LVPD cruiser resembles a late 80's Caprice, with a slight resemblance to a Dodge Diplomat as well. The police station is accessible and contains three weapons inside: a Shotgun, Pistol and a Nightstick, as well as a Body Armor. The police parking lot has two floors. Another mechanical garage door on the right hand side of the station leads to the underground parking lot.
- The Las Venturas Police Department seal is the same seal that the Liberty City Police Department use, and the motto is the same as well - Taking the Law into Our own Hands.
- Sometimes, in the underground parking garage, the player can find a Rhino, an FBI Rancher, a Hotring Racer, a Dumper or a Ranger. On very rare occasions, it is even possible to find a Rustler, a Leviathan, or a Hydra, though exiting the garage in these is next to impossible. All these possibilities are only confirmed in PS2 and Xbox versions. In the PC version, these vehicles barely spawn in the impound lot, and in the mobile versions and the remastered versions, these vehicles are no longer found in the impound lot.
- LVPD officers can sometimes be seen in the northern countryside off Red County.
- The Las Venturas Police Headquarters is the largest accessible police station in San Andreas, as its interior is large and has 2 floors of parking lots.
- San Andreas Police Department
- Los Santos Police Department
- San Fierro Police Department
- Rural Police