Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "A community with strong roots in the fishing and longshoring industry, La Puerta, like so many other proud blue-collar neighborhoods, survived unchanged for hundreds of years until it was infiltrated by hipsters who sneaked in disguised as them and started drinking in their dive bars."
- ―GTA V digital manual
La Puerta is a small area featured in Grand Theft Auto V located in southern Los Santos, San Andreas. It is bordered by the Los Santos International Airport in the south, Vespucci on the west, Davis to the east, and Little Seoul to the north. La Puerta is also home to the famous Maze Bank Arena.
La Puerta was primarily an industrial area, characterised by run down, decrepit buildings and shops. There are several warehouses located towards the northern side of La Puerta; these warehouses serve little function anymore and are just a centre for gang activity. The southern end of La Puerta is much more crowded because of the presence of the Maze Bank Arena and the highways that lead to the city airport.
Due to it's location, drivers leaving the Los Santos International Airport vicinity will pass through La Puerta first before venturing to the rest of the city.
La Puerta is mostly based on Long Beach and San Pedro, California; neighbourhoods in the port district of Los Angeles. However, the area also contains the Maze Bank Arena whose real life equivalent is located in Inglewood of South Los Angeles. In game, La Puerta is adjacent to the separate area of Port of Los Santos, which in real life is incorporated into San Pedro.
Roads and Streets
- Aguja Street
- Alta Street
- Calais Avenue
- Dutch London St
- Goma Street
- Greenwich Parkway
- Mutiny Road
- Palomino Avenue
- Rub Street
- Shank Street
- South Rockford Drive
- South Arsenal Street
- Tackle Street
- Tug Street
- Vespucci Boulevard
Places of interest
- Bigv Surf Shop
- The Happy Teeth Dentistry
- Globe Oil
- KOI Retreat & Spa
- La Spada
- Liquor Market
- Los Santos Customs
- Pony & Trap Accountancy
- The Viceroy Hotels & Resorts
- La Puerta means "The Door" in Spanish. It can also mean "Gate".
- Rockstar Games originally planned to name this neighborhood "Los Puerta", which is incorrect Spanish. "Puerta" is singular and feminine, while the article "los" is for plural and masculine names.
- Road signs saying "Los Puerta" can still be found in places like Elysian Island.
- When telling the Taxi Driver to drive him here, Trevor will occasionally sarcastically pronounce it "La Pooeta".
|Neighborhoods and districts in Los Santos, San Andreas|
|Alta • Backlot City • Banning • Burton • Chamberlain Hills • Cypress Flats • Davis • Del Perro • Del Perro Beach • Downtown Los Santos • Downtown Vinewood • East Los Santos • East Vinewood • El Burro Heights • Hawick • La Mesa • La Puerta • Legion Square • Little Seoul • Mirror Park • Mission Row • Morningwood • Murrieta Heights • Pacific Bluffs • Pillbox Hill • Rancho • Richman • Rockford Hills • South Los Santos • Strawberry • Textile City • Vespucci • Vespucci Beach • Vespucci Canals • Vinewood • Vinewood Hills • West Vinewood|