|This mission crosses over with Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend.|
Old Man Ancelotti has ordered Gay Tony and Luis to get back his daughter, or he'll have them both killed. Luis dislikes the idea, but Tony has arranged a meet with her kidnappers, to exchange the diamonds for her safe return.
In order to complete the mission, the player must:
- Get in Tony's car
- Go to Pier 45
- Go to the Charge Island Sewage Works
- Shake the gang member off the boat
- Go back to Pier 45
Complete the mission in 3:35
Shake off the Russian mobster in seven seconds
WalkthroughThis mission is rather simple, with most of the important parts within the cutscenes rather than the actual gameplay. The opening cut-scene focuses primarily around Luis & Brucie.
Brucie queues up at the entrance of Maisonette 9. Since Brucie and Roman cannot enter the nightclub because they're not on the list, Dessie doesn't allow them to enter. Luis appears, and allows them to enter. Once the opening cutscene ends, get into Tony's Schafter and drive to the back of Pier 45. There, get into the waiting boat and head over to the pink marker at the Charge Island Waste Management center. Once the player floats into the pink marker, another cutscene plays.
Luis and Tony meet up with kidnappers, along with a bound-and-gagged Gracie. That's right, it's Niko and Packie. The scene follows out exactly the way it does in Grand Theft Auto IV; after a few tense moments, Tony drops the diamonds in between them and Niko, in which Packie allows Gracie to walk over to Tony. As Luis, Tony, and Gracie turn to leave, Ray Bulgarin and his men show up to take back the diamonds he feels was rightfully his. As Niko and Packie turn to fight them, Luis, Tony, and Gracie run for the boat. Luis shoots one goon who goes after them, but one manages to hop on the back of the boat as they make their getaway.
Back in control, the player must shake the goon off the back of the boat by violently shaking the boat left and right until he lets go. Once he's off, Gracie will order Luis to go back and kill Niko and Packie, to which Luis refuses. As Gracie begins to shout at and harass Luis, he then punches her out cold. The player should head back to the pier to finish the mission.
- An easier way to shake the Mafia member off the boat is to stop the boat, press the exit vehicle button, and shoot the Mafia member. He will fall off and the player can continue the mission as normal. Another easy way to shake the Mafia member is to reverse the boat, causing him to fall off instantly.
The reward for completing the mission is $5000 and the penultimate mission, Party's Over, is unlocked.
- Like all of Niko's appearances in both DLCs, his hair appears to be much darker than it is in the main game.
- When Luis and Tony are untying Gracie, the player can hear the conversation between Bulgarin and Niko in the background.
- Like in the original GTA IV, Packie uses an Assault Rifle in this mission, while Niko uses a Carbine Rifle.
- After completing this mission, both clubs Maisonette 9 and Hercules will be closed and the Club Management sub-mission won't be available until completing the last mission.
- In the second line of dialogue should the player replay the mission after a first failed attempt, Tony will say that Old Man Ancelotti made him "an offer he couldn't refuse" and that "one man's tradition is another man's worn out cliche". This is an obvious reference to quote from the 1969 mob book and and it's 1972 film adaptation The Godfather where the character Corlene tells his godson "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse".