- "My wife got screwed by a yogi, now I'm getting screwed by a yogi? Fuck that. I'm a producer! Nobody fucks with my film!"
- ―Michael's reaction to Devin's betrayal
After arriving at Solomon's office, Michael is surprised to find Devin Weston and his assistant Molly Schultz there. Devin proceeds to explain that, being one of the two shareholders (the other being Solomon Richards "idiot" son) in Richards Majestic Productions, he plans to pull the plug on their latest movie in order to receive a massive insurance payout. With that money, he will pay off Solomon's son to agree to tear the film lot down in order for Devin to build condos, tax free.
Solomon tries to protect the movie reel, to no avail as Molly takes the film from his arms. Michael follows Molly who is taking the movie reel (Meltdown) to a unknown discreet offshore location by plane. By the time Michael arrives at Los Santos International Airport, Molly has received a police escort team paid for by Devin Weston. Michael pursues Molly on the airport runways, causing huge amounts of mayhem along the way. Eventually the police order Molly to pull over, but they are ignored until Molly stops at Devin Weston's hangar. Molly, who is aware of Michael pursuing her, runs into the hangar in a panic, where she is sucked into the jet engine, dropping the film. Michael collects the film and must lose his wanted level.
In a post-mission phone call with Solomon, Michael learns that there were backups of the film due to it being shot on green screen, making the chase, Devin's plans and Molly's death all for naught. However, he is soon cheered up by Solomon announcing that Meltdown will have a full-fledged Vinewood premiere. (Although Solomon says the invitations are on their way, "The Bureau Raid" and its immediate follow-up missions must be completed before the premiere.)
- Go to the airport and find Molly.
- Chase after Molly.
- Pick up the film reel.
- Lose the Cops.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Time - Complete within 05:30.
- Floor It - Reach top speed in any car.
- Clean Escape - Lose the wanted level within 02:00.
- News Hound - View the Weazel News camera for 15 seconds.
Weazel News (Radio)
"A frightening scene at Los Santos International; reports say there are multiple casualities and millions of dollars of damage. Terrified travellers fled for their lives as a high speed chase across the runway involving police and unknown assailants left a trail of destruction in its path. This traveller was sympathetic: "I don't care who died! My flight's delayed now!"
Weazel News Newspaper
"Los Santos International Airport is on lockdown after suspected terrorists fled police in a high-speed chase that ended in multiple casualties. As yet, neither the government nor the police have released a statement so we cannot say for sure that this was a foreign-led attack on American democracy, but it seems likely. We will bring you any official details as soon as we receive them and, until then, will continue to report on speculation alone."
Devin Weston - " Molly, You were one of most committed and ruthless lawyers I've ever had on my books. I promise you that your death will not be in vain."
- @jasonmalik72 - "Does anyone know what happened at Los Santos International Airport? Was it terrorist attack? Why isn't Lawton issuing a statement?"
- @joethelegend24 - "A high speed chase and a few explosions and they shut down the whole fucking airport! I'm supposed to be in Cancun by now!"
- Molly Schultz - Sucked into a jet engine.
- A yellow Grotti Carbonizzare, a black Benefactor Surano, and a silver Dewbauchee Rapid GT spawn at the studio, and can be kept post mission. Before the mission, there are 2 undestroyable cars.
- These cars will be spawned if they are destroyed before the player triggers the mission. Furthermore, they will still respawn when the player stores three vehicles in a garage.
- Molly's car, a red Enus Cognoscenti Cabrio, can be kept post mission, if the player prefers to escape by land, instead of by the air.
- During the chase, when the plane lands on a runway at the airport, several police cars will be jet-blasted backwards. Oddly, neither Michael nor Molly will be jet-blasted by the plane no matter how close they are to it. The same applies for Franklin and Trevor outside of the mission, as the jet blast remains unaffected for the characters.
- Normally, if looking from west of the airport, jets always take off on the left runway facing east and another lands on the right runway also facing east. However, in the mission, a jet lands on the left runway facing west and another one lands on the third runway facing south (where a Shamal normally lands). After this, a third one tries to take off on the same orientation where the first one lands.
- At the point where Molly crashes her car, an officer yells, "On the floor lady! On the fucking floor!". This same quote is said by Gustavo Mota in The Jewel Store Job if the Loud approach is chosen.
- If you look closely at the bloody mess after Molly's accident, the only recognizable body part left will be a hand, looking just like the one on the table in Solomon's office.
- Molly's surname will be misspelled as "Shultz" in the subtitles during the airport part.
- This mission sometimes does not unlock until after "Reuniting the Family" is completed.
- This mission was originally called Blow Back.
- Despite Molly stating her flight leaves in 25 minutes, there is no time limit on this mission.
- During the mission, the news helicopter will follow the chase all the way through the airport, and the landing plane comes very close to the helicopter. This would not be allowed in real-life as airport airspace is highly restricted in order to prevent aircraft collisions.
- During the mission, if you prefer to pursue Molly with a Police Car, you will hear a priority radio callout from the police dispatch to all officers requesting a "High Priority VIP Escort" referring to Molly.