Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "My wife got screwed by a yogi, now I'm getting screwed by a yogi? Fuck! That! I'm a producer! Nobody fucks with my film!"
- ―Michael's reaction to Devin's betrayal
After arriving at Solomon's office, Michael is surprised to find Devin Weston and his assistant Molly Schultz there. Devin proceeds to explain that, being one of the two shareholders (the other being Solomon Richards' "idiot" son) in Richards Majestic Productions, he plans to pull the plug on their latest movie in order to receive a massive insurance payout. With that money, he will pay off Solomon's son to agree to tear the film lot down in order for Devin to build condos, tax free.
Solomon tries to protect the movie reel, to no avail as Molly takes the film from his arms. Michael follows Molly who is taking the movie reel (Meltdown) to a unknown discreet offshore location by plane. By the time Michael arrives at Los Santos International Airport, Molly has received a police escort team paid for by Weston. Michael pursues Molly on the airport runways, causing huge amounts of mayhem along the way. Eventually the police order Molly to pull over, but they are ignored until Molly stops at Devin Weston's hangar, where a Jet is waiting for them to board with the film. Molly, who is aware of Michael pursuing her, runs into the hangar in a panic, where she is sucked into the jet engine, dropping the film. Michael collects the film and must lose his wanted level, since the cops have now turned to him for entering a restricted area.
In a post-mission phone call with Solomon, Michael learns that there were backups of the film due to it being shot on green screen, making the chase, Devin's plans and Molly's death all for naught. However, he is soon cheered up by Solomon announcing that Meltdown will have a full-fledged Vinewood premiere. (Although Solomon says the invitations are on their way, "The Bureau Raid" and its immediate follow-up missions must be completed before the premiere.)
- Go to the airport and find Molly.
- Chase after Molly.
- Pick up the film reel.
- Lose the Cops.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Time - Complete within 05:30.
- Skip all cutscenes.
- Floor It - Reach top speed in any car.
- Self explanatory.
- Clean Escape - Lose the wanted level within 02:00.
- Use the Shamal and outclimb the police helicopters.
- News Hound - View the Weazel News camera for 15 seconds.
- Press B/circle every few seconds in the chase when there are no obstructions ahead.
- While Michael will automatically call Solomon after the mission, the player can also call Devin right after talking to Solomon.
Michael: Devin, hey look, I'm sorry. Devin: My legal counsel? Michael: It was an accident. I had nothing to do with it. Devin: Sure, yeah, hey. Lawyers come and go, but you made a fool out of me, Michael, and that is something that I am not going to forget. Namaste.
- Franklin Clinton can also call Devin after this mission. Franklin asks for payment for delivering the cars from Pack Man, but Devin refuses.
Weazel News (Radio)
"A frightening scene at Los Santos International; reports say there are multiple causalities and millions of dollars of damage. Terrified travelers fled for their lives as a high speed chase across the runway involving police and unknown assailants left a trail of destruction in its path. This traveler was sympathetic: "I don't care who died! My flight's delayed now!"
Weazel News Newspaper
"Los Santos International Airport is on lockdown after suspected terrorists fled police in a high-speed chase that ended in multiple casualties. As yet, neither the government nor the police have released a statement so we cannot say for sure that this was a foreign-led attack on American democracy, but it seems likely. We will bring you any official details as soon as we receive them and, until then, will continue to report on speculation alone."
Devin Weston - " Molly, You were one of most committed and ruthless lawyers I've ever had on my books. I promise you that your death will not be in vain."
- @jasonmalik72 - "Does anyone know what happened at Los Santos International Airport? Was it terrorist attack? Why isn't Lawton issuing a statement?"
- @joethelegend24 - "A high speed chase and a few explosions and they shut down the whole fucking airport! I'm supposed to be in Cancun by now!"
- Molly Schultz - Sucked into a jet engine and mulched, leaving only bloody chunks and one of her hands.
- A yellow Grotti Carbonizzare, a black Benefactor Surano, and a silver Dewbauchee Rapid GT spawn at the studio, and can be kept post mission. Before the mission, there are two undestroyable cars.
- These cars will be spawned if they are destroyed before the player triggers the mission. Furthermore, they will still respawn when the player stores three vehicles in a garage.
- The Molly's Cognoscenti Cabrio cannot be overtaken or else the vehicle will dramatically speed up.
- Molly's car, a red Enus Cognoscenti Cabrio, can be kept post mission, if the player prefers to escape by land, instead of by the air.
- During the chase, when the plane lands on a runway at the airport, several police cars will be jet-blasted backwards. Oddly, neither Michael nor Molly will be jet-blasted by the plane no matter how close they are to it. The same applies for Franklin and Trevor outside of the mission, as the jet blast remains unaffected for the characters.
- The "jet-blasting" part of this mission appears in the "Michael" trailer for the game.
- Normally, if looking from west of the airport, jets always take off on the left runway facing east and another lands on the right runway also facing east. However, in the mission, a jet lands on the left runway facing west and another one lands on the third runway facing south (where a Shamal normally lands). After this, a third one tries to take off on the same orientation where the first one lands.
- At the point where Molly crashes her car, an officer yells, "On the floor lady! On the fucking floor!". This same quote is said by Gustavo Mota in The Jewel Store Job if the Loud approach is chosen.
- Molly's surname will be misspelled as "Shultz" in the subtitles at some points during the airport part of this mission.
- This mission was originally called Blow Back.
- During the mission, the news helicopter will follow the chase all the way through the airport, and the landing plane comes very close to the helicopter. This would not be allowed in real-life as airport airspace is highly restricted in order to prevent aircraft collisions.