- " Make me, you prick"
- ―Teal before being killed by Tommy
At some point prior to late 1986 Teal began to work as a chef in Ocean Beach, Vice City while also moonlighting as a hitman for Mr. Black. The Vice City Police Department correctly suspect he has links to Black and works as a hitman, also believing him to be involved in the narcotics trade, but have been unable to tap his telephone due to Teal being a communications expert. Teal's police file describes his personal life as "very complicated" and he is involved in "dubious practices" with Moweesha and a manatee, as well as interior designer and restaurant owner Eugene.
At the start of the game, Teal is hired by Ricardo Diaz (possibly through Mr. Black's contact) along with Eugene and Moweesha to attack a drug deal between the Vance brothers and representatives of the Forelli Family, Tommy Vercetti, Ken Rosenberg, Harry and Lee. The attack is somewhat successful as Teal and the other two men manage to obtain the drugs and the money, as well as killing Victor Vance, Harry and Lee, but nonetheless Tommy, Ken and Lance Vance manage to get away.
Tommy eventually discovers Teal's involvement in the ambushed deal through informant Kent Paul and confronts him in the alley behind the restaurant where Teal works. Leo attempts to fight off Tommy, but he is ultimately killed. After this, Tommy takes Teal's cell phone and begins working for Mr. Black while posing as Teal.
VCPD Crime Tree Record
- Possible connection with Mr. Black
- Very complicated personal life.
- Works in restaurant business.
- Communications expert.
- Haven't been able to get a working tap on his phones.
- Believed to be working as a hitman in Vice City.
- Possible involvement in narcotics trade.
- GTA Vice City
- Leo Teal originally appeared in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, but he was cut before the game's release.
- Also, Coordinates in the game's files suggest that his missions would start at a food vendor's trailer in Ocean Beach.