|For other uses, see Leon|
- "You greaseballs wanna put holes in each other, I don't give a shit. All I care about is my cut."
- ―Leon McAffrey
Leon McAffrey was a character in the Grand Theft Auto series who appeared as a minor character in Grand Theft Auto III (set in 2001) and a main character in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (set in 1998). McAffrey is a corrupt police officer working with Salvatore Leone, the Don of the Leone Family, and Toni Cipriani, a Leone Family made man.
Leon McAffrey was born on 1956 and raised in Liberty City who, at some point, joined the Liberty City Police Department, later becoming a corrupt officer and making contact with Salvatore Leone, the Don of the Leone Family, eventually going on Salvatore's payroll.
In 1998 he is introduced to and employs Toni Cipriani to kill the Sindacco Family members, lure the Forelli Family into an ambush with the Uptown Yardies, fight organized crime in Belleville Park, help the Uptown Yardies hold on to Newport and destroy Forelli weapons being transferred to a new location.
Following the arrest of Salvatore Leone, Leon phones Toni to say that the two never met, cutting ties with the Leone Family.
McAffrey continues to work with the LCPD and with his new partner, Ray Machowski, a law abiding police officer who eventually also becomes a corrupt officer. His crimes and links with organized crime become evident to the LCPD and he agrees to turn states evidence against Machowski, now working for the Yakuza. When he learns of this, Machowski sends Claude to kill him, but McAffrey survives and is taken to the hospital. When Ray learns that Leon survived, he instructs Claude yet again to kill him, this time succeeding.
- GTA III
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- Sayonara Sindaccos (Boss)
- The Whole 9 Yardies (Boss)
- Crazy '69' (Boss)
- Night of the Livid Dreads (Boss)
- Shoot the Messenger (Post-mission phone call)
- Munitions Dump (Boss)
- Love on the Rocks (Post-mission phone call)
- His model in GTA III is the same as a pedestrian seen in Portland Island.
- Oddly enough, in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, his missions are marked with an 'R' on the map.