|For the mission in Grand Theft Auto III, see Liberator.|
For the vehicle also called "Monster", see Monster Truck.
- "Monster trucking - it's amazing what drunken rednecks will call a sport. Raise your game in the Los Santos road rage wars with The Liberator."
- ―Warstock Cache & Carry description.
Grand Theft Auto V
Being modeled as a high-performance monster truck, The Liberator features a tubular frame with a fiberglass body, and it sports large unproportional wheels with off-road tires. The Liberator's fiberglass body seems to emulate the design of the Sandking; however, it is not entirely identical. The truck features a realistic tube-frame chassis (real-life monster trucks use these to maintain the truck's integrity on hard hits; a normal truck would simply break apart), with quad shock towers and sway-bars to maintain the realism of what a normal monster truck would have to offer. The truck also appears to have 4 torsion bars or kicker braces, which run from the center of the metal chassis down to the suspension lever arm. A unique cosmetic feature is two American flags in the back. The Liberator can only seat two.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto V
The Liberator is a very high-performing vehicle. It is powered by a high-output supercharged V8. It has a decently high speed that allows it to keep up with almost all "normal" cars in the game. Although it only has 3 gears, it is the fastest accelerating four-wheel-drive vehicle in the game, reaching its top speed in very little time. For a vehicle of its size, The Liberator has a surprisingly good handling, as it remains generally stable at high speeds and rarely loses control, possibly due to its large, thick tires and its 4WD drivetrain.
The Liberator is unique in that it is the only vehicle in the game to feature four-wheel steering, and this results in the vehicle having an impressive turning radius. The truck, not surprisingly, has a very high damage tolerance, meaning it is very hard to destroy, although can still be blown up by one sticky bomb and can eventually be destroyed by thousands of gunshots at higher wanted levels. Also, as expected, the truck can crush certain vehicles in game and do tricks in the air.
GTA V Overview
(0-60 mph in Seconds)
(mph / kmh)
(FWD / RWD / AWD)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||68 / 110||3||N/A||AWD|
|4000 / 8818||80|
|4.5 Seconds||85 / 137||5||Supercharged V8 (In-game model)||AWD||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto V
- Original version
- Found in each protagonist's garage in single player in the Special Vehicles section. It, along with the Sovereign, were no longer available as of 8/5/2014 due to a glitch. Both vehicles returned to the garages after the San Andreas Flight School Update.
- Enhanced version
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Could be purchased from Warstock Cache & Carry for $742,014 in GTA Online only during the Independence Day Special.
- Along with Sovereign, The Liberator was again open to purchase during the second Independence Day Special, this time with a 25% discount.
- During the third Independence Day Special Event from July 1 to July 11, 2016, The Liberator was also available with a 25% discount.
- The default radio stations for The Liberator are Los Santos Rock Radio, Radio Mirror Park, and Vinewood Boulevard Radio.
- The pricing of the truck, $742,014, is clearly a poke on 7/4/2014, which is the date of Independence Day in 2014.
- The Liberator is one of the first vehicles in the Grand Theft Auto series to have four-wheel steering; while the Monster Truck in GTA San Andreas was also capable of four-wheel steering, it was not permanent, and had to be activated with the handbrake button. However, The Liberator cannot do donuts, despite the fact that four-wheel steering is what enables real-life monster trucks to do donuts. The four-wheel steering also seems to be more pronounced at slower speeds, while the effect is reduced when travelling quickly.
- Due to the release of the Marshall, it is one of 2 four-wheel-steered vehicles.
- The Liberator actually doesn't have any working external lights since the entire body shell is is made of fiberglass. This is more than likely due to the fact that its original purpose was to be used as a show-car. Other vehicles that don't have external lights are the Caddy and the Tractor.
- Just like the Insurgent and Technical, The Liberator's tires are completely impervious to all forms of damage.
- It is also known to be completely immune to fall damage, in fact it doesn't explode upon impact on the ground even when falling upside down.
- The Liberator's frame color alternates between red, white and blue, further supporting the American flag colors, orientated on Independence Day.
- The police dispatcher refers to The Liberator as a white monster truck, despite the fact its body is mostly blue.
- This happens due to its body color scheme being textured instead of just a plain vehicle color. In fact, the inverse panels features white trimmings.
- While The Liberator and the Marshall are the only monster trucks seen and drivable in the HD Universe, two other monster trucks are referred to on a poster when first entering the Yellow Jack Inn advertising for a monster truck festival, "Truckoraptor" and "4x4ceptor."
- Due to GTA V's driving physics, The Liberator does not bounce when falling from a stunt jump, it will just "crash" in the ground.
- Rarely, when spawning a Liberator in a race, it may spawn mis-colored, often with a heavily black-coloured livery.