Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article is a disambiguation page for Liberty City
The following is a list of links to pages that might share the same title.
Please follow one of the disambiguation links below or search to find the page you were looking for if it is not listed. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Liberty City is a city based primarily on New York City, that appears in several games, and has three different renditions.
- Liberty City (2D Universe) - Appearing in GTA 1.
- Liberty City (3D Universe) - Appearing in GTA III, GTA Advance and GTA Liberty City Stories, with a minor appearance in GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas.
- Liberty City (HD Universe) - Appearing in GTA IV and its episodes and GTA Chinatown Wars.
Liberty City is used in two titles:
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories - 2005 PSP & Playstation 2 video game.
- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City - The title given to the disc version of The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony.
- Liberty City is a real place, located in Miami, Florida. Miami also being the same city that Vice City is based on.
- Liberty City's name may have been inspired by the Statue of Liberty.
- Liberty City is the most featured location in the GTA series, appearing in 9 different games.
- Liberty City is currently the only location to be featured in all three GTA universes, since in the 2D Universe San Andreas was based on San Francisco and Vice City has yet to physically reappear in the HD Universe.
- In all universes, Liberty City is the first location in the first game of the universe (you start in Liberty City in GTA 1, and GTA III and GTA IV are set in Liberty City).
- Liberty City is frequently portrayed as a horrible place to live in. (Extremely high crime rates, unfriendly citizens, corrupt officials, poverty issues everywhere, etc.) Despite this, it is heavily populated, and is arguably the most famous city in GTA history.