Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Not to be confused with Liberty Cock, a newspaper company in GTA III and GTA Vice City.|
The team plays at the Liberty Memorial Coliseum (also known as Bush Stadium) in Staunton Island. They also have an official fan club whose main building is right across the stadium. Many Cocks fans can be seen walking around the Bush Stadium and some can even be heard asking others if they are a fan of the Liberty City Beavers (their fierce rivals). The Cocks and the Beavers have known meetings. On The Tight End Zone, a program on West Coast Talk Radio, Derrick Thackery mentions a match between the two. The second occurs in September 2001, with the Cocks beating the Beavers 3-0.
Oddly, despite the fact that the team crest and rivalty with the LC Beavers, plus an article from Liberty Tree, all show that they are a soccer team. The field inside the stadium and the "Two-Hand Toss" mission suggests that they play American football, its believed that this is an oversight by the developer.
There is still many references to the LC Cocks in the HD Universe. Eduard Borodin was visiting Liberty City to purchase the team according to an Liberty Tree internet article after the mission Paper Trail. Theres also an LC Cocks book in Luis' Apartment in The Ballad of Gay Tony.
- Another one of Rockstar's crude humorous jokes, the word "cock" can mean a rooster, or (more likely) a penis.
- Carl from GTA III is a notable cocks fan.
- The same can be said about their stadium name, Bush Stadium, which can mean a plant, or pubic hairs.
- An outfit named as the Cox Mascot Outfit can be rewarded to the player in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories after the completion of Slash TV. This suggests that the term Cox is either a colloquial term for the team or the name of their mascot.
- Bush Stadium is similar to Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Oregon, though the stadium is much more similar to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. The civil rivalry between fans of the Cocks and Beavers is similar to the civil rivalry of University of Oregon Ducks (Liberty City Cocks) and the Oregon State University Beavers (Liberty City Beavers).