Fire Department of Liberty City
Feel the Burn.
|Common name:||Fire Department of Liberty City|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto IV |
The Ballad of Gay Tony
The Lost and Damned
- The LCFD appears in many GTA games. To see all the LCFD renditions, see Liberty City Fire Department.
Like in previous games, the Fire Department of Liberty City (FDLC) operates Fire Trucks in their service, and has several stations throughout all of Liberty City and Alderney. They also have a medical division called the MS Paramedic which oversees medical treatment across the entire city and state. The motto of the FDLC is "Feel The Burn"; this can be seen in fire houses as well as on all of the FDLC's apparatus.
Unlike previous renditions of fire departments, the GTA IV rendition of the FDLC is less responsive towards fire. They do not automatically respond to fires, and will only respond if called by the player. However, even if there is a fire and the player calls them, they will ignore it and leave after a few seconds. One of the only notable times the FDLC will respond to a fire is the mission "Rigged to Blow".
The firefighters now wear full turn out gear (resembles MorningPride gear as per to resemble FDNY), wear Air Packs (it looks like the Scott 4.5 model) and have helmets with patches that say ENGINE 69, also some gear is hung on racks, either to dry off or for firefighters who are not working at the time. They wear black fire protective gear with yellow reflective strips, a fireman's flashlight on the upper left chest, an oxygen tank strapped to their backs, and helmet. Some firefighters are chiefs as marked on their uniform jacket. Unlike in real-life, these outfits are not fireproof.
List of Fire Stations
In total, there are at least eight functional Fire Stations scattered all over Liberty City in GTA IV (fire stations in Alderney are not present in GTA: Chinatown Wars, since Alderney is not featured in the game):
- Dillon Street, Rotterdam Hill, Broker, - Broker Fire Station
- Francis International Airport, Dukes. - Francis International Airport Fire Station
- Worm Street, Northern Gardens, Bohan, - Bohan Fire Station "Ladder 69"
- Exeter Avenue, Northwood, Algonquin. Between Boleyn St. - Northwood Fire Station
- Frankfort Avenue, Westminster, Algonquin, also known as "Engine 47" (unmarked on map). - Westminster Fire Station
- Privateer Road, Fishmarket South, Algonquin. - Fishmarket South Fire Station
- Vitullo Avenue, Berchem, Alderney, also known as "Ladder Company No. 1" and "Engine Company No. 2". - Berchem Fire Department
- Hardtack Avenue, Tudor, Alderney. - Tudor Fire Station
Note that in GTA IV, the only Fire Stations that have a parked fire truck outside the station are the ones in Bohan, Algonquin (with the exception of the Westminster Fire Station) and Alderney.