- "Yeah? Well, fuck this gig, man. I'm putting together a listening party for my album, but first I need a sound system..."
- — OG Loc
Life's a Beach is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, given to protagonist Carl Johnson by fellow Grove Street Families affiliate and aspiring rapper OG Loc, from the Burger Shot he works at in the Marina district of Los Santos, San Andreas.
- Note: This mission can only be started between 22:00 and 6:00.
Carl recently helped OG Loc by taking out a Vagos gang member who sexually abused him in prison. Now working doing a menial cleaning job at Burger Shot, He is planning a house party to gain recognition, but requires a sound system to amplify his tunes. A beach party is occurring at the nearby Santa Maria Beach, and it so happens that they have a sound system in the back of a Pony van.
Carl goes to the party, talks with the DJ, and attempts to gain access to the sound system. He is challenged to a dance battle, scoring a minimum of 2500 points to pass. Once Carl has successfully passed the challenge, the DJ invites Carl into her van, which she refers to as her "office". Given the opportunity, Carl steals the van, throwing the DJ out and prompting two party-goers to pursue the van in their cars. In the ensuing chaos, Carl manages to take the van to a garage in Commerce, completing the mission.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the beach party.
- Get a score of 2500 or greater to gain access to the sound van.
- Steal the sound van.
- Get the van back to the garage.
- To avoid the car chase, dump the cars in the water by pushing them. However, make sure not to pass on the red spot near the DJ or kill the DJ and any partygoers.
- In the iOS version the timing can be trickier than it is on the console versions. The game registers the input of the direction based on when the player releases the button, not when they press it. One method is to be holding the next upcoming direction in advance and then let go just as that direction enters the space in the middle.
- Third party controllers for iOS devices will not work for this mission as none of the buttons are assigned to the directions in the minigame and the on screen buttons disappear when connected to said controller.
- There is a way to steal the van without going through dancing, first by recruiting a gang member. If CJ tries to enter the van, the door will be locked but the gang member will actually be able to get in the passenger seat. Afterwards, the player can shoot him dead and enter the van from the passenger door. Note this way is not recommended in the PC version, as shooting from any side will cause the beach party immediately end.
Although it is stated in walkthroughs for the game that the Dancing Minigame inside nightclubs is unlocked after completing this mission, it is in fact unlocked from the beginning of the game if Carl enters the Alhambra club.
- The mission's name is a reference to the saying "life's a bitch."
- The song playing during Carl's dance is "Hollywood Swinging" by Kool & the Gang, which can also be heard on Bounce FM.
- The song "Pretend We're Dead" by L7 always plays at the party when not doing the dance activity. This song can also be heard on Radio X.
- Deleted dialogue reveals the garage used to store the sound van is owned by LB.
- This is one of the four missions that cannot be completed if the player has used an excessive amount of cheats. The other three are Burning Desire, Photo Opportunity, and Madd Dogg.
- Most of the dancers are carrying MP5s. If the player fails the mission or eliminates them after the DJ bails out of the sounds van, the dancers will drop their weapons if they are killed.
- There is a cheat code with the same name of the mission.
- During the cutscene, Loc says that the sound van is heading to Seville's beach. However, the party is occurring in Santa Maria Beach.
- In the original PS2 version of the game, the player needed 4000 points to gain access to the van. In later versions, the target is reduced to 2500 points.