|For the emergency service see Los Santos Lifeguard.|
The Declasse Lifeguard is an emergency vehicle, making its debut appearance in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online. It is a modified version of the Granger. It is used by the Los Santos Lifeguard and patrols the coastline of Los Santos.
The Lifeguard SUV features a yellow body color painted over white (which can be seen when the doors are open), with the text "LIFEGUARD" printed in red on its sides and rear. In addition, there are roof racks which hold an unusable surfboard and two rescue cans. The front roof rack also has a light bar, which can be activated along with the siren when the horn button is clicked (the same as all emergency vehicles with lights and sirens); this is because it is a department of the Los Santos Fire Department (LSFD).
The design strongly resembles an actual Californian lifeguard SUV.
Current Design Gallery
Overall, the Lifeguard has performance on par to the stock Granger, and slightly below par found on the police equivelants of the vehicle. The vehicle's handling is superior in its class, however, acceleration and top speed are sluggish unlike the rest of the SUV class. The braking tends to fault, and sometimes causes the vehicle to lose some control, especially when already cornering, or attempting to recover after crashing, or even after a control-loss. T he vehicle is powered by a V8, with a 5 speed transmission gear-box. The vehicle has a RWD drivetrain, which is unusual for a vehicle of its class, strangely, the stock (and police) variants of the vehicle have an AWD layout, making the Lifeguard not as good off-road as its stock variants.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||140 / 225||
2400 / 5291
|7.5 Seconds||95 / 152||
Mass cannot be observed.
- Can be found parked in Del Perro, near the Pier.
- May be seen patrolling the beach.
- Parked in random areas around the beach, and at Lifeguard stations.
- Found at the south end of Vespucci Beach, at a green building.
- This vehicle has unique emergency lights, that do no appear on any other emergency vehicle. Also, the rear lights flash differently from the FIB Granger and Sheriff SUV, despite they share the same design.
- Unlike all the other Granger's siblings, the Lifeguard SUV can only carry 4 people, including the driver. This is due to the roof equipment replacing the roof rails present on all other versions.
- Granger - stock variant of the vehicle, appearing in GTA V.
- FIB - FIB's division of the vehicle.
- Park Ranger - Park Ranger variant.
- Sheriff SUV - Sheriff Department equivalent.