- "I always keep weapons hidden in dumpsters all over the city for emergencies just like this."
- ―Ling Shan
Events of GTA Chinatown Wars
- "Shit! Get us out of here alive, Huang, and I'll marry you! Yes - I know about sarcasm."
- ―Ling to Huang
After Huang Lee arrives in Liberty City, he gets the order to find a crew that was watching a group of undercover cops. When Huang arrives there, he finds out that Ling was the only survivor of an LCPD attack. After a quick talk, the police arrive again and Huang shakes them off, and then drives to his apartment. Ling then drives the car back to Wu Lee.
She then got the order to teach Huang combat and to wield a weapon. After doing so, they had to protect a shop from thugs. However, Ling was swiftly shot by one of them, and died in an alley.
- "Ling... What the fuck?!"
- ―Huang to Ling
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- Despite being one of the main marketing images for the game (her artworks in a red dress), she appears in only two missions, dying in the second. This can suggest that she originally was supposed to have bigger role in the game.
- According to the game manual, Ling's number is 555-232-6666.
- Although her age and year of birth are unknown, it is highly likely that Ling was older than her brother Xin. This is because Xin was 19 at death, making him one of the youngest characters to appear in the GTA series. As master-of-arms for the Lee family, Ling would likely be more skilled than her brother, who was only a robber. In addition, Rockstar rarely puts minors in games, only implications that they exist (the only two in the entire franchise are Mary-Beth Williams and Jill Von Crastenburg). In the United States, minors are those younger than 18.