- "Hey Roman. Who is the steroid junkie?"
- ―Niko Bellic, upon meeting Brucie Kibbutz
Logging On is a mission in Grand Theft Auto IV given to protagonist Niko Bellic by his cousin Roman from Roman's cab depot in Hove Beach. The mission introduces computer usage, TW@ internet cafés, and the ingame internet, and is also the first appearance of Brucie Kibbutz.
Plot and Walkthorugh
Niko enters Roman's taxi office and finds Brucie Kibbutz, a friend of Roman's, doing some exercises in a chair. After introducing Niko and Brucie to each other, Roman tells Niko that he meet Brucie in a chat online and is bored of not being able to email Niko too, so he asks Niko to go a Tw@ internet café and register in one of the computers. Niko reluctantly agrees.
Creating an email
Drive to the nearest internet café.
- Go and speak to the assisstant in the cafe.
Walks inside and meet Alejandra, another one of Roman's friends. She tells Niko to just go to one of the computers and follow the instructions.
- Go and use one of the computer terminals.
Log onto one of the computers and activate Niko's account by entering the EyeFind Mail Service and answering the only email there, either positively or negatively.
- Leave the internet cafe.
Once Niko's account has been created, log off the computer and leave the internet café.
There is no monetary reward for completing this mission, though the missions Search and Delete and Rigged to Blow are unlocked. The player can now access the internet through any computer terminal, and can contact other characters through email. Niko also receives a phone call from Roman, who asks if Niko would "acquire" some cars for Brucie, unlocking the Exotic Exports side mission.
- Before this mission, Alejandra will not be seen working at the internet cafe on Oneida Avenue, and a man will be seen instead.
- It is possible for Niko to access the internet before this mission, though he cannot contact other characters until after this mission.
- It is possible to kill Alejandra before logging on to a computer without failing the mission.
- When Niko is talking to Alejandra, the player is unable to control him. The player will regain control of Niko after the conversation is over.
- The player may take money from the cash register without receiving a wanted level, as the mission ends once the player leaves the internet café.
- Should the player smash all the computers, the game will not actually differentiate between working computers and smashed computers. To elaborate, should the player leave the cafe and walk a short distance down the street, the game will instruct you to return, and upon doing so will give the instruction to log on to one of the terminals despite all of them being unusable.