Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Los Santos Fire Department
|Common name:||Los Santos Fire Department|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
The Los Santos County Fire Department (LSFD) is the fire department that protects the city of Los Santos, Los Santos County, and Blaine County featured in Grand Theft Auto V. The Los Santos City Fire Department is a subdivision of the Los Santos County Fire Department, as all fire apparatus bear both organizations' names. The two departments are based on the Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD) and the Los Angeles County Fire Department (LACoFD), respectively.
In addition to providing fire protection, the LSFD also provides Emergency Medical Services (EMS) to the aforementioned service areas. They also have a lifeguard division that may be found at Vespucci and Del Perro beaches.
The fire department is perhaps one of the largest, most professional, and most responsive fire service in the whole series.
Unlike the fire department in GTA IV, Los Santos firefighters and paramedics are much more responsive. They arrive instantly at the scene when a fire is spotted (like in 3D era games) and now they also have arsenal in their fire-fighting weaponry in addition to the mounted cannon on fire trucks including fire extinguishers and axes (something that no previous fire department has used). In addition, fire crews will go as far as to shoot water from the engine's cannon even if there are no flames to douse, and firemen and paramedics will leave from fire stations and hospitals to go on runs. This therefore makes them the busiest fire department in all of the GTA series.
The LSFD also engages in activity that is otherwise prohibited in real life. When the fire department is dispatched, the player may notice that two firefighters will be riding the back of the fire truck. Besides, none will be wearing helmets, which is also a prohibited practice in real life.
Summoning the Fire Department
All three protagonists may easily call the fire department or an ambulance by cell phone. Emergency Services is a contact found in all cell phones and the player may select that and then select "Fire department" (or "Paramedics") when the 911 operator answers. While in the dialing list, it is also possible to press Square to open the handset keypad and manually dial 9-1-1 with the same result. The appropriate apparatus will respond to the player's location within minutes.
Fire and Rescue Apparatus
- Fire Engines: Modified MTL Fire Engine with a Los Santos Fire Department, red with white & orange stripe color scheme. They can be found parked outside most fire stations and occasionally en route to incidents.
- Rescue Ambulances: Brute manufactured Burrito based model with a Los Santos Fire Department "Paramedic", red with white & orange stripe color scheme. These may be found outside hospitals and sometimes seen rushing to calls or coming back to the parking lot following a call.
- Air Ambulance: The LSFD also extends their services to the use of Air Ambulance helicopters, located on hospital helipads. These helicopters are marked red and white with "Ambulance" on the doors and tail of the chopper. They can be found on top of the Central Los Santos Medical Center. The player has to ascend several flights of stairs to get to the helipad where one or two should be parked.
- Interestingly, the Air Ambulance is never seen being used in GTA V.
- Various Lifeguard vehicles (SUV, Frogger, ATV, Jetski, etc...) found at Vespucci and Del Perro beaches.
Fire Turnout Gear
LSFD firefighters wear all yellow or dark brown bunker gear with yellow and silver fluorescent strands resembling their real life counterparts in the LAFD. They also have a white nomex hood visible around their necks and wear grey or brown firefighting gloves. The fire helmets appear to be Phenix 1500's per LAFD and are either colored yellow, orange or white based on the firefighters rank: Yellow being firefighter; Orange being Captain; and White being a Battalion Chief or Commanding Officer. The firefighters helmets also sometimes have goggles on the front of the helmets.
Additionally, the player may notice some portable equipment lying around fire stations and firefighters may be seen testing and maintaining that equipment. However, it is never seen in use.
List of Fire Stations
- Davis Fire Station/South Los Santos Station - Davis (Los Santos City FD)
- El Burro Heights Fire Station - El Burro Heights (Los Santos City FD)
- Los Santos International Airport Fire Station - Los Santos International Airport (Los Santos City FD)
- Paleto Bay Fire Station - Paleto Bay (Blaine County FD)
- Rockford Hills Fire Station/Headquarters - Rockford Hills (Los Santos City FD)
- Sandy Shores Fire Station - Sandy Shores (Blaine County FD) (no fire apparatus here)
- Fort Zancudo Fire Station - Lago Zancudo/Fort Zancudo (Fort Zancudo FD)
The Los Santos Fire Department Paramedics (like the Los Santos Lifeguard) are a division of the LSFD. They can be seen standing outside their vehicles possibly taking a break or taking care of paperwork outside the hospital. Paramedics will stay there until they get a run where they will attempt to assist the patient at the point of illness or injury. If possible, the patient will climb aboard the ambulance be driven to the nearest hospital.
- Main Article: Ambulance
As one would expect, paramedics travel in pairs in ambulances. Three variants of ambulances exist in the game. The first is the LSFD ambulance (as described earlier in the article) which is the most dominant type. The others are Los Santos Medical Center and Mission Row San Andreas. While the LSFD variant is obviously owned by the fire department, the other two are likely private companies. In fact, they could be based on Care Ambulance Service and McCormick Ambulance Service, two of Los Angeles County's biggest private EMS companies.
Uniform and Equipment
Paramedics wear either a dark navy blue, police-like uniform with the green medical patch (or blue medical star) symbol (LSFD), or a lighter shade of blue (hospital medics) on each shoulder. Medics also wear a belt which contain most likely more medical tools and supplies such as gauze, bandages, and surgical scissors/knives. They also wear a nametag and carry a stethoscope around their neck while wearing latex gloves due to health reasons and sanitation when performing their duties. Sometimes they are seen wearing a hat or glasses.
- The Bay Care Center - Paleto Boulevard & Duluoz Avenue. (Paleto Bay)
- Central Los Santos Medical Center - Crusade Road & Innocence Boulevard. (Strawberry)
- Pillbox Hill Medical Center - Strawberry Avenue & Swiss Street. (Pilbox Hill)
- Mount Zonah Medical Center - Dorset Drive & Dorset Place. (Rockford Hills)
- Sandy Shores Medical Center - Zancudo Avenue & Mountain View Drive. (Sandy Shores)
- Eclipse Medical Tower - Eclipse Boulevard & South Mo Milton Drive. (West Vinewood)
- St. Fiacre Hospital - Capital Boulevard (El Burro Heights)
- Portola Trinity Medical Center (Rockford Hills)
The last three hospitals on this list do not serve as respawn points.
- Main Article: Los Santos Lifeguard
Lifeguards are another LSFD division. They have two stations-one at Vespucci and one at Del Perro Beach. They may also be found patrolling, in daylight hours only, the roads surrounding the two beaches. Their vehicles are parked at the stations and around various points on the beach but they otherwise cannot be found anywhere else.
- Firefighters and Paramedics will become hostile toward players if they see you stealing one of their rigs, usually resulting in a one star wanted level.
- The same is true if you hang around them. You'll first be told that you're a waste of space before they engage you in a fistfight. Most of the time, engaging in the fistfight results in a wanted level.
- If the player takes a vehicle from somewhere else and then parks it near firemen and gets in again, it will count as if it was a steal.
- All the firefighters' helmets seems to be numbered 23 but the actual trucks are numbered 32. This means that there was supposed to be a unit 23 (perhaps a ladder and that firemen would be using the ladder or another engine) but was cut during development.
- Interestingly, although paramedics are a part of the FD, they are never seen nor their vehicles at fire stations.
- In the real LAFD, and other similar American fire departments, paramedics and ambulances may be found at select fire stations.
- Additional city-owned ambulances are typically found at EMS-only stations. However, there are no such stations within GTA V.
- Some of the firefighters' gear seems to be dark brown possibly from heavy use or possibly older gear still in service.
- The LSFD has the FDLC emblem as well as a support ribbon on their fire apparatus possibly to show support to the FDLC/FDNY for September 11th.
- In all LSFD stations in Los Santos you can hear the songs from Los Santos Rock Radio.
- When standing outside a firehouse the bell may sound and a firetruck will leave on a call, however if standing close to the station when the bell sounds the firefighters won't move at all. If the player decides to follow them, they will arrive on scene and shoot water from the cannon but there won't be any flames to deal with.
- The player may even occasionally spot a fire truck on the road with its sirens on; however this is a rather rare occassion.
- If there is a police chase/shootout going on in vicinity of fire crew members, they will flee in terror.
- Interestingly, there is no possible way to enter the main part of fire stations. Although some fire stations may keep their doors open (and have someone around to watch the bay doors), visitors usually must go to the front entrance.
- If it's raining, there will be no firefighters standing outside fire stations. The player can use this to their advantage to obtain a fire engine without getting into trouble like they usually would.
- Since The San Andreas Flight School update, it is possible for firefighters to use the Fire Truck mounted water cannon.
- Players can follow fire trucks and ambulances even with their lights/sirens on. If the vehicle is hit, the personnel will get out and attack.
- The player won't even get a wanted level if they don't pull off to the side for the responding emergency units; something that is illegal in real life.