- "The Los Santos Golf Club is the one place wealthy men know they can get away from their wives, because they're not allowed to play. Women might have won the vote in 1920, but they're still not allowed on the course in Richman."
- ―GTA V Manual
The Los Santos Golf Club is a 9 hole golf course featured in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online. The club is bordered by Dorset Drive, Boulevard Del Perro, Mad Wayne Thunder Drive and West Eclipse Boulevard in Richman. It is based on the Los Angeles Country Club.
- "A lush golf course in the desert? Ssh, don't tell Africa. Come rub shoulders with privilege at the Los Santos Country Club. It's full of awesome guys just like you."
- — GTA V Digital Manual
The golf club is the most expensive property that any of the three characters can buy in the game and in the entire series, costing $150,000,000 and generating a weekly income of $264,500 (also the most profitable). However, if purchased, the property will take 568 weeks to turn a profit over the initial investment.
It can be purchased after completing the mission Nervous Ron, though it is unlikely the player will have amassed anywhere near enough cash that early on in the game.
To play a round of golf, walk to the front door of the clubhouse between 6:00 and 18:00. The entrance fee is $100. Golf can be played in any weather condition, though it is significantly harder when raining.
All three characters can play golf with each other as an activity. If the player walks alone to the front door, NPC members will be available for a game :
- Todd Rosenweig (Easy)
- Aaron Ingram (Normal)
- Jeff Miller (Normal)
- Glenn Mather (Hard)
- Castro Lagano (Hard) - The player must complete his random event before Castro becomes available for golfing.
Events of Grand Theft Auto V
This location is part of the Strangers and Freaks mission Vinewood Souvenirs - Mark given to Trevor Philips. In this mission, Trevor must obtain Mark Fostenburg's golf club to Nigel and Mrs. Thornhill.
On Didion Drive, Vinewood Hills, the player will eventually find a golf player being expelled from home by his wife in a randon event. The player can give him a ride to the Golf Club and get a small amount of money as a reward.
Events of Grand Theft Auto Online
The Golf course is available to play to any GTA Online Protagonist, despite being claimed that women aren't allowed on the course.
The course features 9 holes with a 36 regular par and a total yardage of 3,464. Gimmes are accepted.
Hole by hole
- Caddy - provided to the player during a round, but they may also be found parked around the course both during and after business hours
- Mower (at 20:00-21:00 at night)
- Golf Club - Used by NPCs. Scare or push them to make them drop the weapon.
- Spaceship Part - In the middle of a pond at the western part.
- The 69 in 169 yards on hole 8 is a reference to the 69 sex position, another example of Rockstar's crude humor.
- Also, The layout of several of the courses resembles a penis, with two sandpits (representing testicles) located at the end of a long stretch of green.
- It was founded in 1992, the same year Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was set in.
- Similar to Los Santos International Airport, if the player flies low above the golf club, the air traffic controller will warn the player that they are flying over a restricted airspace. Not complying with these warnings will result in a two-star wanted level, though if the player is flying a helicopter and simply lands the vehicle on the course and walks away from it, no wanted level occurs.
- Also, driving a road vehicle other than the Caddy and Mower on the course will earn the player a 2 star wanted level.
- The player will also gain a 2-star wanted level for trespassing on the course when it's closed.
- Even when having purchased the Golf Club, the Golf Club Business Card will not be in the stack of owned properties business cards on the Rockstar Games Social Club. This is because the business cards only apply to properties unique to that protagonist.
- When the player buys this property, the manager Raymond will call and apologize for any bad treatment before and justify it by telling the protagonist that they "had no idea you were this rich!" However, only Michael's phone call will have accurate subtitles - Trevor and Franklin's calls will have missing and changed words.
- Each protagonist will automatically change into course-appropriate attire when starting a round of golf.
- If the player owns the property, they can wear whatever they like when playing Golf.