|For the Grand Theft Auto V rendition, see Los Santos Police Department (HD Universe)|
The Los Santos Police Department (LSPD) is a branch of the San Andreas Police Department servicing the city of Los Santos in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The LSPD is the largest police force in the state.
Modeled after the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), the LSPD are a prominent part of the storyline in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The department's headquarters sit adjacent to Los Santos City Hall in the Pershing Square district of Los Santos, San Andreas. This is where the player re-spawns after being arrested anywhere within Los Santos city limits.
There is also another smaller "LSPD HQ", located in Dillimore, Red County; while unspecified by its signage to be within LSPD's jurisdiction, the game dubs the station as an "LSPD HQ" when the player enters the station. This may be because when the interior was used the name was as well. However, if the player is busted in Red County, the player respawns at the Pershing Square LSPD instead. This may indicate the LSPD in Red County is uncharged of all the small towns in the county.
The LSPD houses a branch known as C.R.A.S.H. (Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums, based on an anti-gang branch of the LAPD), of which officers Frank Tenpenny, Eddie Pulaski, and Jimmy Hernandez are members. Tenpenny is also represented as the main antagonistic element throughout the game's entire storyline, and him, along with Pulaski, who is also an antagonist, use their authority as LSPD officers to achieve their sinister ends.
In the underground garage of the Los Santos Police Department headquarters, the player can witness police brutality in the form of one police officer repeatedly punching a random pedestrian model while a second officer taunts or cheers on. This set piece may be inspired by the real-life beating of Rodney King by the Los Angeles Police Department, which eventually triggered the 1992 Los Angeles riots.
- Killing an officer guarding the Impound Garages won't give the player a wanted level unless another officer (not from the garage) is in the vincity (if there is one, the player will receive one star).
- All Enforcers in San Andreas have a LSPD livery for some reason.
- In a beta screenshot, it is possible to see a blond officer, implying there were originally going to be other officer models.
- In one of the GTA San Andreas screenshots, there is a female LSPD officer, implying they were originally in the game in the beta.
- There were LSPD Mavericks in the beta version.
- San Andreas Police Department
- San Fierro Police Department
- Las Venturas Police Department
- Rural Police
- Motor Officer