The Los Santos Storm Drain is a flood drain canal in Los Santos, San Andreas. It appeared in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and the upcoming Grand Theft Auto V. In both games it is based off of the Los Angeles River.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
In GTA SA, the canal goes throughout most of Los Santos, San Andreas. The canal is very long; it passes through 11 districts in Los Santos namely: Downtown Los Santos (Beginning), Commerce, Market, Little Mexico, Willowfield, East Los Santos, Idlewood, Ganton, East Beach, and at the end Ocean Docks.
The Canal makes two appearances in the games storyline.
- In the mission Just Business, Big Smoke and Carl Johnson use the canal as a way to try to escape the pursuing Russian Mafia, along the way, a Packer finds a ramp and begins to give chase, eventually they totaled their truck, which causes it to explode, although CJ and Big Smoke are not affected by the explosion, after the two go through a tunnel, they reach a parking lot in East Beach, and the two decide to split up, while Big Smoke will get rid of the bike.
- In the mission Gray Imports, CJ is send by Tenpenny to ruin a deal between the Ballas and the Russian Mafia and kill a Russian drug dealer, after all the gang members are killed, the drug dealer escapes on a Banshee, escaping slowly in the Canal.
Grand Theft Auto V
There is so far no information known about how long the river stretches, and so far the only information about the canal is that it goes through the districts in South Central Los Santos and flows near Downtown Los Santos.
- In GTA San Andreas, some parts of the Storm Drain, there are Grove Street Families graffiti, and discarded shopping carts.
- There are many hacks and cheats available to fill the canal full of water in GTA: SA
- The LS Storm Drain may be one of the best places to go if the player has a wanted level and is trying to remove it.