- "Los Santos Transit owns and operates the public transit system that none of its city's inhabitants actually use."
- ― Description at Bawsaq.com.
Los Santos Transit operates bus services and a light rail system. It is based on the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority. The Arrow is the name of the light rail system while the Bullet is the name of the bus system.
The Bullet is the name of the bus network in Los Santos. There are four colours of buses: blue, red, orange and turquoise. They can be found around the city and all of them have Downtown LS, as their destination; according to their overhead sign. In Grand Theft Auto Online, the only way to obtain a bus is to purchase one or visit the Dashound Bus Center in Textile City which is used as a depot for the LST buses.
The bus system extends out of Los Santos as far as Paleto Bay, as seen in the Paleto Score Setup where Lester arrives on an LST bus from Los Santos. However, outside of this mission, LST buses cannot be seen in Paleto Bay.
The Arrow is the name of Los Santos' only light rail line. The line has 11 stations and expands through most of the largest neighborhoods in Los Santos and the incorporated city of Davis. The system is both overground and underground. The trains are based on the real-life Siemens P2000 cars.
The network starts and ends with loops at Davis and at Los Santos International Airport. An extension to Vinewood is under construction. The extension tunnels can be seen on the map when at stations or when riding the tram.
A full loop of the arrow system takes approximately 52 minutes in real time, or 26 hours in-game.
According to a Weazel News radio segment, the Los Santos Transit Authority announced funding for a new street car project for $16,000,000,000. Rails will run on many popular streets, shutting them down for years during construction, and are promised to move traffic up to 3mph.
An announcement speaker can occasionally be heard in all stations. There are 15 quotes.
- Davis Station - Carson Avenue, Davis.
- Pillbox South Station - Alta Street, Pillbox Hill.
- Little Seoul Station - San Andreas Avenue, Little Seoul.
- Del Perro Station - Prosperity Street, Del Perro.
- Portola Drive Station - Portola Drive, Rockford Hills.
- Burton Station - San Vitus Boulevard, Burton.
- Pillbox North Station (Closed/Under Construction) - Downtown.
- Strawberry Station - Olympic Freeway and Strawberry Avenue, Strawberry.
- Puerto Del Sol Station - Innocence Boulevard, Little Seoul.
- LSIA Parking Station - Los Santos International Airport car-park.
- LSIA Terminal 4 Station - New Empire Way, Los Santos International Airport.
- The ticket machines in the ground level stations are exact copies of the real LA Metro ticket machines, even with the in-game rendition featuring the copyrighted Tap card logo on the machines.
- It is stated in a Weazel News segment that the transit system is extremely unpopular and for "losers", but commuters still need to take it in order to avoid the dreaded Los Santos traffic.
- It is stated in a later Weazel News segment that strippers will be located on all LST buses in the indefinite future.
- While in LST stations, the player can hear various announcements over the PA. Despite one of the announcements asking riders to not use cell phones and computers, the player may safely use their cell phone while riding.
- Other announcements over the PA include: "Your safety is important to us, surveillance cameras are posted, though not monitored" and "Riding a train is not an excuse for inappropriate touching, no matter how tempting."
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, the doors of the trains do not close.
- Unlike in Grand Theft Auto IV, the train will stop when anything is in its way, as long as the driver is alive.
- It's possible that the line "Take the Bullet" seen on the back of LST buses was mocking the Toronto Transit Commission's tagline "Ride the Rocket".
- ↑ File: x64\audio\sfx\ONESHOT_AMBIENCE.rpf