|For the mission in Grand Theft Auto IV, see Lure.|
Ran Fa Li has gone to Woozie's apartment in Chinatown, but now the Da Nang Boys are after him and he can't get back home. The Triads are planning a way to lure the Da Nang Boys out. Carl, meanwhile, offers himself to be a decoy to lure the Da Nang Boys so that Ran Fa Li can get out of Chinatown safely.
Carl gets in a Rancher parked outside the apartment. He drives to the sawmills in Angel Pine. Upon arriving there, he sees a couple of Da Nang Boys. The gangsters chase Carl, thinking the vehicle contains Ran Fa Li. Carl traverses the heavily forested areas of Flint County and Whetstone. After a long ride, Carl stops at a gas station along the highway. Guppy calls and tells him that Woozie has taken Ran Fa Li into safety. The Da Nang Boys realize that the car is a decoy, and return to Chinatown.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get into the decoy car.
- Drive out to the countryside.
- Follow the checkpoints through the countryside.
- Maintain speed at all times. Decelerate when turning corners but build the vehicle's speed up afterwards.
- The Rancher is damage-proof until Carl reaches Angel Pine, but the player must make sure they do not flip the vehicle over or submerge it in water.
- When Carl passes through the forest and reaches the highway towards Angel Pine, no vehicles will spawn, making the drive to the filling station easier.
- The pursuing bikers can be killed if Carl has a sub-machine gun, so the player only needs to drive to the filling station.
- Do some jumps in the country side. The chasing bikes behave very poorly in the air and usually crash on the landing, giving the player plenty of time to make his escape.
- The damage-proof Rancher can be kept after this mission.
- If the player is far enough from the bikers when the last checkpoint is reached, the cutscene where the bikers discover the Rancher to be a decoy does not play.
- If the player types the car fixing cheat during the mission, the damage meter will disappear and the car doors will automatically fall, making the decoy vulnerable to bikers.