- "Cheap. Extremely dangerous rapid-fire. Available at a supermarket near you."
- ―GTA Vice City Website.
It is known as the Ingram Mac 10 in the original PS2 version of Vice City and Mac in all other versions, it is called Mac in Liberty City Stories, and Silenced MG in Vice City Stories.
True to its name, the weapon is based on the MAC-10 (Military Armament Corporation Model 10), a recoil operated sub-machine gun (technically, a "machine pistol") developed in the United States from the 1960s to 1980s. The name is interpretated as a single word rather than the abreviation mentioned above.
All renditions of the Mac 10 have a folding stock and a grey scheme, although the Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories rendition has a silencer.
The Mac-10 is similar to the TEC-9 only that it has slightly less damage and less rounds per magazine, but makes up for a slightly better accuracy. In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, the Mac-10 has an unbelievable fast rate of fire and can shoot up to 30 rounds in five seconds, in fact it is faster than the Micro Uzi or Micro SMG.
In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, the silencer has slowed down the Mac-10's rate of fire and thus it is not able to fire as many rounds at a limited amount of time as its predecessor.
3D Universe Overview
|Damage||Fire Rate||Range||Ammo Specifications/|
|Reload Mechanism||Reload Speed|
|15 (GTA Vice City)||250 (GTA Vice City)||30 (GTA Vice City)||30 (GTA Vice City)||N/A||500 (GTA Vice City)|
|N/A||6 RPS (GTA Vice City & GTA Liberty City Stories)||Cannot be determined||30-round standard magazine (All games)||Charging bolt||0.5 seconds (GTA Vice City)|
The Mac 10 is rather rare compared to other submachine guns and can only be obtained from a few locations. However, certain NPCs can use it on certain occasions, allowing the player to obtain it if they decide to loot it from dead NPCs.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Ocean Beach - Can be bought from the Ammu-Nation for $300.
- Viceport - Spawns across Chartered Libertine Lines and the Boatyard next to a Rumpo parked there.
- The Ammu-Nation owner in Ocean Beach uses a Mac-10 if threatened with a gun.
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Can be spotted in multiple times during the game. In the mission Sindacco Sabotage, the Leones and the Diablos use this gun for their gang war. It is also used by Sindacco Crime Family during Salvatore's Salvation and by the Southside Hoods and Forelli gang during Rough Justice, as well by some individuals in a few other missions.
- Harwood, Portland - Spawns near the junkyard and the car crusher, with fences around.
- Bedford Point, Staunton Island - In the southeast end of the Bedford Point car park.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- The Silenced Mac-10 is used by the Sharks or the illegal business gang members to defend themselves. The Silenced MG is also commonly used by the Sharks when they perform an attack on one of the player's business site.
- Little Havana - The Mac spawns in an alleyway near a Sanchez and across a graffiti east of Café Robina.
- Starfish Island - Behind Diaz's mansion.
- The real life MAC-10 comes with two different calibers: .45 ACP and 9x19mm Parabellum, but since every other sub-machine guns in game uses same ammo as MAC-10 (Tec-9, Uzi, MP5, all 9x19mm caliber, although the Uzi can use .45 ACP too), the MAC-10 in game uses 9x19mm Parabellum. This is also suggested by the fact that the 9mm Mayhem side-mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories involves the use of a MAC-10.
- The weapon was originally supposed to have a silencer in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. The silenced version can be seen on the game's official website. Text strings in the game files also refer to the weapon as SilencedIngram.
- The Silenced MAC-10 in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories recycles the same sound from the MAC-10 in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- The MAC-10 is indirectly mentioned by Sweet in one of his missions in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, where the MAC-10 was actually supposed to be included, but cut. It is likely the quote was made before the MAC-10 was cut.
- In GTA San Andreas, the MAC-10 can be seen among weapons on the shelves/racks inside Ammu-Nation. Additionally, the HUD icon of the Micro SMG shows a MAC-10 rather than a Micro Uzi.
- Micro-SMG - A similar weapon featured in the Grand Theft Auto series.
- Tec-9 - Another compact-sized Submachine Gun debuted in the same game.