Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "America's West African arms trade isn't just about giving. Rediscover the simple life with this rusty cleaver."
- ―Ammu-Nation Description
The Vom Feuer Machete is a relatively powerful and fast melee weapon in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, and added to Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the GTA Online: Lowriders update for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC versions of the game.
In GTA Vice City, the machete is considered heavy, hindering the player's ability to sprint with the weapon. When an opponent is struck and not killed with the machete, they produce a larger blood trail than the Meat Cleaver, with two direct hits will kill them (or one hit, when swung in stabbing motion). The machete is a generally good all-around choice for your melee slot in the absence of the Chainsaw. The Machete is styled not after the usual Brazilian straight-grip, large blade variety used for clearing brush, but the British Gurkha and Indian Gorkha Regiment's Kukri fighting knife, which is a fearsome weapon in and of itself (in its "stories" renditions).
Grand Theft Auto Online
|This article or section is Under Construction.|
|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
The Machete returns in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online. It is available after installing GTA Online: Lowriders for the enhanced versions only. This version of the Machete has some inspiration to the Gerber Machete/Saw Combo.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Washington Beach, Vice Beach - Spawns on the eastern sidewalk off the Starfish Island bridge leading to Washington Beach.
- Washington Beach, Vice Beach - Available to buy from Bunch of Tools after completion of Treacherous Swine for $100.
- Little Havana, Vice City Mainland - Available to buy from Screw This after completion of Phnom Penh '86 for $100.
- Some strippers at the Pole Position Strip Club are armed with machetes, as well as the woman behind the counter.
- It can be dropped by three Haitians gang members during the mission Trial By Dirt.
GTA: Liberty City Stories
- The Machete in this game is unobtainable outside missions and can only be found in the hands of criminals during the Vigilante side mission. A Yakuza gang member is also seen using this weapon during the mission Cash in Kazuki's Chips but there's no way to keep it because the player switches to a Katana automatically later on in the mission.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Little Havana, Vice City Mainland - On the middle basketball court in a Little Havana neighborhood.
- Stonewall J's, Little Havana, Vice City Mainland - Available to buy from the shop for $100.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- In Grand Theft Vice City Stories, the machete resembles the Naga Dao.
- A larger version of the Machete can be found in any Ammu-Nation in GTA V, however it can't be used by the player.
- Unlike the Katana, the Machete cannot be used to decapitate an opponent, despite its deadly power.
- The machete in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is based off the Panga blade design from Africa.
- The machete was originally supposed to be in GTA: San Andreas but was soon cut in development.
- The machete in GTA V has a bolo blade to it, most likely based off Cold Steel's Bolo machete.