|For the character, see Madd Dogg.|
- "Stay the fuck away - stay the fuck away!! I'm the best rapper in the universe! I'll jump! I'll jump!"
- ― Madd Dogg
Carl comes to the south side of the casino, checking on somebody who is about to jump off the roof of the casino. He finds there two persons, attempting to make this person jump. One of the two tells Carl that the person is Madd Dogg, a former successful rapper. Carl then attempts to persuade him not to jump off of the roof, but Madd Dogg says his life doesn't mean anything anymore. He has lost everything, from his money to his fame, after someone stole his rhyme book and killed his manager. Carl once again tries to make him reconsider about jumping, but Madd Dogg ignores Carl's statement. Right after, two croupiers appear on the roof in order to attempt to catch him, however, he tells them to stay away, repeats his intention of jumping. Carl then realizes he needs to save Madd Dogg.
Carl gets in a nearby Walton and parks near the casino. He then eventually catches Madd Dogg in the back of the truck, which is filled with wooden crates. Carl then takes Madd Dogg to a rehabilitation center. On the way, Madd Dogg says that he's gonna need a new manager and he might look Carl up, and Carl agrees. As CJ drives Madd Dogg to the hospital, the mission ends.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Use the pickup truck around the corner to rescue Madd Dogg
- Catch Madd Dogg when he jumps
- Drive Madd Dogg to the hospital CAREFULLY. Each bump reduces his chance of survival
- The reward for this mission is an increase in respect. The mission Saint Mark's Bistro is unlocked, but only if the missions Freefall, Green Goo and High Noon are done.
- If the player uses the "pedestrians attack each other" cheat before this mission, Madd Dogg will immediately jump after the opening cutscene, making this mission impossible to complete. If it happens, the only way to fix it is by using a save game editor such as hmvartak's online glitch repair tool, or to start a new game (Note: Do not use cheats that affect the gameplay up to this mission). This is one of a few missions to not work correctly if too many cheats are used, the others being Burning Desire, Tanker Commander, 555 We Tip and, in some cases, Photo Opportunity. Although, players have reported that they suffered this glitch without using any cheats.
- It is absolutely imperative to remember to aim the bed of the truck at Madd Dogg, not the cab. If Madd Dogg lands on the cab, a bone crunching sound will be heard and he will be killed, which will fail the mission.
- The two bystanders attempting to goad Madd Dogg into jumping can also be seen in the cutscene of Dam and Blast.
- The Walton used in this mission spawns with a unique white paintjob, and can be kept after the mission.