Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "How 'bout I get somebody to write something for me, only they didn't know about it?"
- ― OG Loc
Madd Dogg's Rhymes is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, given to protagonist Carl Johnson by aspiring rapper OG Loc from the Burger Shot he works at in the Marina area of Los Santos, San Andreas. The mission introduces the player to the ability of stealth kills.
Carl recently stole a load of music equipment for OG Loc's album release party, but it seems that Loc can't rhyme if he doesn't have them to read off of. Loc asks CJ to assist him in "borrowing" rhymes from famous rapper Madd Dogg.
Carl heads for Madd Dogg's Crib in Mulholland. He gains access, discovering that the home is heavily guarded by Madd Dogg's security. Nonetheless, Carl continues the infiltration and uses his stealth to make his way to the studio room, stealing the rhyme book. He exits the mansion in the safest way possible, and heads back to Burger Shot. Carl then meets Loc outside of the restaurant, giving him the rhyme book.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to Madd Dogg's mansion.
- The main door is around the back of the mansion.
- Madd Dogg's personal security are patrolling the mansion. Do not use any guns on your way to the rhyme book - you will alert them. Use stealth to steal the rhyme book.
- Exit the mansion and get the rhyme book back to OG Loc. It's safe to use your weapons now, although it may be less risky if you use stealth to get past any guards on patrol.
Post mission phone call
Carl Johnson: What's happening?
Tenpenny: Don't try and hit me up with that ghetto babble, boy!
Carl Johnson: Officer Tenpenny. How'd you get my number?
Tenpenny: Ways and means, you piece of shit. You have been trying to avoid me?
Carl Johnson: No sir, I've just been busy, that's all.
Tenpenny: You're not busy unless you're doing something for us, you understand?
Carl Johnson: Yeah. Loud and clear.
Tenpenny: Nice to hear it, Carl. Call into the doughnut place in the middle of Market, we need to talk.
- The amplifiers in the studio have a Rockstar Games logo on them.
- One of the guards playing a video game remarks, "How could Refractions mess up so bad?" and "Tanner, you suck ass!" These are references to the poor reception of DRIV3R, which is considered a GTA Clone, where the protagonist's name is Tanner, and the game is made by Reflections Interactive.
- The prominent use of shadows and stealth kills in this mission is similar to Rockstar's game Manhunt.
- The upstairs levels of Madd Dogg's mansion (beyond the point where you steal the rhyme book) can be explored safely as there are no guards. A silenced pistol can be found in a room with gold records on the walls (down the hall from the studio), and two playable video games.
- This is one of the numerous missions in which Carl loses whatever vehicle he takes to the site of the mission, because after he exits, his vehicle and all the cars parked in front of Madd Dogg's house, have disappeared, replaced by a bike. For this reason, it's inadvisable to take a car the player wishes to retain following this mission.
- The male pedestrian in the beginning cutscene of this mission (who says "Yo! That shit sucks! Damn!") happens to share the same model as the Ballas member who was smoking in The Introduction. He can also be seen snorting coke with Jizzy B. along with his hoes and other associates in Ice Cold Killa. His name is Bogman, as seen in the files.
- The BradyGames Official Strategy Guide appears to have been written based upon an early version of the mission, as it indicates that Carl needs to evade police who have been summoned by an alarm being triggered in the mansion. No such event occurs in the final version of the mission.
- The guard playing the video game looks like he is holding a controller, but is actually holding nothing.
- This is the only mission where NPCs can be found using the Silenced Pistol.
- The Skateboard was supposed to appear instead of the Mountain Bike.