- "Tommy, you are like a Pampas breeze that has freed me from the stench of corruption!"
- ―Colonel Cortez
Cortez has a valuable merchandise that a courier, Pierre La Ponce, will be delivering for him. Tommy offers Cortez help to retrieve the merchandise. Once the cutscene is finished, he stops by the nearby Ammu-Nation first and picks up an Ingram Mac-10 if necessary. When Tommy gets to the mall, he heads up to the escalator to meet up with La Ponce. The meeting is ambushed by French special forces. La Ponce heads right for a bike around the corner, and Tommy must chase him to retrieve the briefcase. Pierre is then killed by Tommy, and Tommy picks up the guidance chips, but is wanted with a two-star wanted level. He then returns to Pier and gives Cortez the chips.
- If the decision is to chase him down, ignore the other bike placed temptingly in the front and carjack something a bit sturdier - at this stage, bikes are difficult to control, and what to do is to stomp him. Knock him off then reverse over him or pull up alongside and blast him with the sub-machine gun. Once he's dead, pick up the guidance chips and head back to the Marina whilst fending off a two-star wanted level.
- If Pierre reaches and enters the building on the north end of the island, the mission will fail.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Meet the courier at the mall
- Find a TEC 9 (there is one behind a cul-de-sac in Vice Point), or purchase an Ingram Mac 10 and armor at Ammu-Nation
- The courier is fleeing with the guidance chips! Don't let him get away
- The courier is dead. Grab the guidance chips
- Take the guidance chips back to the Colonel
- The song that can be heard playing in the background during the opening cutscene is "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister. The song is also featured on the in-game radio station Emotion 98.3. The song also played in the game's opening cutscenes.
- French special forces are reused the beta SWAT model.
- If Tommy attacks the contact before approaching him, he will attack Tommy with an Uz-I, but after approaching him the mission will carry on like normal.
Post Mission Phone Call
- Mr. Black: Get to the payphone in Vice Point.