|This article needs more images of:|
Current Design gallery images.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
- "Affordable, easy to fly, held together with rivets... The Mammatus is one of the best-selling light aircraft in history, and a whole lot of fun to land in high winds."
- ―Elitás Travel description.
The Mammatus is inspired by various Cessna aircraft, including the 172 Skyhawk, 177 Cardinal and 182 Skylane. It looks similar to the 3D Universe rendition of the Dodo, which took the shape of Cessna 150/152 models.
The fuselage is mostly white with stripes of a randomly generated color, often blue or red, a paint job often seen in real-life Cessnas. The one purchasable by single player characters that is delivered to their hangars always spawns in a full black paint job.
Current Design Gallery
The Mammatus is powered by a single engine that is capable of delivering great acceleration, but a slow top speed, being behind even the Duster. This makes the Mammatus the slowest airplane in the game and the second slowest aircraft, only faster than the Cargobob. Also, its takeoff distance may be short, but once airborne, it can start to sink dramatically, requiring extra care during takeoff. Its landing speed, however, is excellent, and it can come to a stop almost immediately.
It is one of the best aircraft for beginning pilots because of its stable flight characteristics and low turbulence. Its 4 seats also make it a useful and cheap crew/group transport in GTA Online.
Unlike other airplanes, the Mammatus has a uniquely modeled engine. Although it has no resemblance to any land vehicle's engine, the model and the spark plugs textures might indicate that it was reused from a V8 engine, with some alterations on it.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60 knots)
|Engine Type||Engine Location||Mass|
(Kg / lb)
Mass cannot be observed.
Grand Theft Auto V
- Seen flying around Los Santos.
- Sometimes found landing at Trevor's airstrip.
- Sometimes found by Michael 's hangar at the Los Santos International Airport.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Can be bought from the Elitas Travel website for $300,000.
- Sometimes spawn at the cargo section of Los Santos International Airport.
- Sometimes spawns with a Velum or Mallard next to Franklin's Hangar.
- The term Mammatus is used to describe a certain type of pouch-shaped cloud which can be seen commonly before storms. The word is also derived from the word mamma, meaning breast, which could be an obscene easter egg.
- Despite being called "affordable" on the Elitás Travel webpage description, the Mammatus is the second most expensive propeller aircraft in the game, being more costly than both the Mallard and the Cuban 800.
- Due to a glitch, the Mammatus' taxi lights will remain on even if the aircraft itself is destroyed.