Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article needs more images of:|
Current Design gallery images.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
- "Affordable, easy to fly, held together with rivets... The Mammatus is one of the best-selling light aircraft in history, and a whole lot of fun to land in high winds."
- ―Elitás Travel description.
Grand Theft Auto V
The Mammatus is inspired by various Cessna aircraft, including the 172 Skyhawk, 177 Cardinal and 182 Skylane. It looks similar to the 3D Universe rendition of the Dodo, which took the shape of Cessna 150/152 models.
The fuselage is mostly white with stripes of a randomly generated color, often blue or red, a paint job often seen on real-life Cessna aircraft. The vehicle features wheel spats, two sets of landing lights, and a set of taxi lights, each one with two circular lamps. The taxi lights are located on the nose, below the propeller's spinner and the two landing lights on each wing, which can only be activated by switching to high beam lights.
The Mammatus only has two doors, but can carry four occupants, as the player will warp into the back seats, much like in the Velum.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto V
The Mammatus is powered by a single engine that is capable of delivering great acceleration, but a slow top speed, being slower than even the Duster. This makes the Mammatus the slowest airplane in the game and the second slowest aircraft, only faster than the Cargobob. Also, its takeoff distance may be short, but once airborne, it can begin to sink dramatically, requiring extra care during takeoff. Its landing speed, however, is excellent, and it can come to a stop almost immediately.
The Mammatus is one of the best aircraft for beginning pilots because of its stable flight characteristics and low turbulence. Its four seats also make it a useful and cheap crew/group transport in GTA Online.
Unlike other airplanes, the Mammatus has a uniquely modeled engine. Upon close inspection, the engine model and the spark plug textures might indicate that it was reused from a V8 engine with spark plug textures, with what appears to be a cam cover from an inline-4 engine placed over the same engine model. Some miscellaneous pieces can be seen next to the engine, such as, apparently, batteries and manifolds.
GTA V Overview
(0-60 knots in Seconds)
(mph / kmh / knots)
|Engine Type||Engine Location||Landing System||Mass|
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||6 / 10 / 5||N/A||N/A||N/A||2000 / 4409||65|
|N/A||N/A||SingleV8 engine, 2-bladed propeller||Front||Conventional landing gears (1 nose gear and 2 main gears)||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto V
- Seen flying around Los Santos.
- Sometimes found landing at Trevor's airstrip.
- Sometimes found by Michael 's hangar at the Los Santos International Airport.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Can be bought from the Elitas Travel website for $300,000.
- Sometimes spawn at the cargo section of Los Santos International Airport.
- Sometimes spawns with a Velum or Mallard next to Franklin's Hangar.
- The term Mammatus is used to describe a certain type of pouch-shaped cloud which can be seen commonly before storms. The word is also derived from the word mamma, meaning breast, which could be an obscene easter egg.
- Despite being called "affordable" on the Elitás Travel webpage description, the Mammatus is the second most expensive propeller aircraft in the game, being more costly than both the Mallard and the Cuban 800.
- Due to a glitch, the Mammatus' taxi lights will remain on, even if the aircraft itself is destroyed.