Management Issues is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by aspiring rapper OG Loc from the Burger Shot he works for in the Marina area of Los Santos, San Andreas.
Now, OG Loc has the technology and the ghostwritten lyrics to kickstart his rap career, but it seems he isn't fully satisfied yet. It turns out he now needs somebody to manage his business. He tries to get Madd Dogg's manager, Alan Crawford, to partner with him so he can get deals in the industry, but Alan doesn't think too highly of Loc and wants to prevent him from entering the music business. Loc suggests that the manager has outlived his usefulness and must be killed.
Carl is told that Crawford is attending an awards ceremony at the Cathay Theater, which happens to be only time he isn't with Madd Dogg. Carl then steals Alan's driver's vehicle and meets up with the convoy before 22:00, making sure that the car is clean and pristine. Now in the middle of the convoy, Carl holds his position, as the cars make their way to the awards ceremony where Alan, along with a woman, will get into the vehicle. Surprised to find a new driver, Alan is helpless as his new 'chauffeur' drives to a pier in Verona Beach, with Carl bailing out just before the vehicle plunges into the water, killing Alan and everybody else in the car.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- One of Madd Dogg's manager's drivers is eating at the Burger Shot across town
- Damage the car to force the driver out
- Get in the car
- Go and meet up with the other drivers. Don't damage your car
- Park your car facing the same way as the other cars
- Keep in the middle of the two cars until you reach the awards ceremony
- There is a pier to the South that you can dump the car off
- Dump the car in the water but make sure no one sees you
- Keep your speed up to the end of the pier then bail out
- Bail out now!
The reward for completing this mission is increased Respect.
- The Elegant that Carl drives during this mission has got a custom license plate.
- If Carl catches up with Crawford's driver, he can simply carjack his Elegant instead of damaging it. Alternatively, he can be shot in the head, leaving the door open and the car suffers no damage at all.
- Attacking the guard police will not give the player wanted stars. However if Carl guns down him, the mission will fail as the 'convoy had been alerted'. If the player aims at people with cameras, they will try to "shoot" the player with them.
- Driving the car into any body of water (deeper than the car) (eg, the canal west of the Burger Shot OG Loc works) will also finish the mission. However, this will disable the cutscene where the vehicle plunges into the ocean.
- If Carl fails to exit the car at the right time or at all, the mission will not fail as the target of the mission is to sink Alan, so it wouldn't matter. However, if the car didn't sink in the water at all and still remain on the ground, the mission is failed considerably.
- Although Carl is called upon to kill many people during various missions, this is one of the few in which he explicitly commits murder (not just that of Crawford, but that of an innocent bystander - Crawford's female escort). See also Deconstruction.
- However, it is explained during the drive to the pier that Alan can't swim, which might imply that the female escort is capable of doing so and therefore actually survives the sinking.
- If the player doesn't evade the other bodyguards before driving the car into the pier, the bodyguards will witness Alan falling into the water and the completion of the mission will require to kill them as well. This gives the player an annoying progress but a good opportunity to obtain the black Elegant without the risk of failing the mission.
- A BMX spawns at the edge of the pier that CJ drives the car over and was probably put there to make it easier to leave the pier after the mission was completed.
- This mission is similar to the GTA IV mission Entourage where Niko/Carl drive the black Lokus/black Elegant against two black cars where barriers are placed on the road. A policeman can be seen against the barrier in this mission while a union worker can be seen against the barrier in GTA IV.
- If the mission was failed before and the player follows the other escort cars, the driver turned into CJ.