|Not to be confused with Marked Men, a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.|
- "This is it! I'm in way over my head and I'm starting to drown here! The CIA seems to have a vested interest in SPANK and they don't like me screwing with The Cartel! I'm a marked man! So I'm getting out of here!"
- ― Ray Machowski
Marked Man is the final mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by corrupt police officer Ray Machowski from the toilet block at the Belleville Park district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Claude drops by the toilet block in Belleville Park. Ray tells Claude that he is a "marked man" and needs to escape Liberty City. He wants Claude to take him to the Francis International Airport so he can catch his plane out of the city to Miami. If Claude successfully drives Ray to the airport, Ray will reward him some items.
Claude and Ray start to make their way to the airport. However, the Shoreside Lift Bridge is guarded by CIA agents, so Claude finds an alternate route, one being the Porter Tunnel. Claude drives through the Porter Tunnel, and he and Ray eventually reach the airport to allow Ray to catch his flight. Once they reach the airport, Ray gives Claude the keys to a lockup in Newport, and enters the airport. Claude drives back to the lockup and when he arrives, Ray pages Claude asking him to take care of the bulletproof Patriot. Other equipment, including a rocket launcher, a sniper rifle, an M16, and a flamethrower, as well as some money, are also stored in the lockup as a gift from Ray to Claude.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- The CIA have the bridge under surveillance, find another route across
- Go over to the lockup and collect Ray's stash
- The easiest way for the player to reach the airport without being detected is to travel via the Porter Tunnel. The player can also travel to the airport via the subway, though this will take longer and the player should be vigilant for approaching trains. The player cannot reach the airport by boat due to the pipeline spanning the river.
- If travelling via the subway, stick to the left-hand line since the opposite line is for Staunton Island-bound trains. Exit the subway via the subway stop as soon as the "welcome" sign for Shoreside Vale is shown.
- It is not recommended to travel via the Shoreside Lift Bridge, as the agents guarding it are armed with Micro-Uzis, AK-47s and M-16s.
- The player should avoid damaging their vehicle too heavily when driving to the airport.
The reward for completing the mission is $20,000 and the items stored in Ray's lockup, including a bulletproof Patriot and another $20,000.
- The mission is the only one in GTA III to mention Miami, as development of its fictional counterpart, Vice City, had yet to commence.
- If the player fails the mission at any point, Ray will disappear.