Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Congressman Alex Shrub wants to win the next election by supporting restrictions on the porn film industry. As this is bad for InterGlobal Films, Tommy wants to follow Candy Suxxx to Shrub. Tommy follows Candy to a penthouse in Vice Point. Candy enters the penthouse to meet with Shrub while Tommy enters the Vice Point Langer across the street. With Shrub in his most embarrassing and politically damaging outfit, Tommy manages to take photos of him with a camera from a good vantage point in the hotel. Shrub's guards see this and dispatch the FBI to take down Tommy and his camera. Tommy manages to return safely to the studio and plans to use the pictures for blackmailing.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in the chopper
- Follow Candy's Stretch
- You need three good blackmail photos of Alex Shrub with Candy. The Vice Point Langer across from his balcony should provide an ideal photo-grabbing location. There is a side door that will allow access to the hotel
- Get back to the Porn Studios with the film
- Once the player enters the Vice Point Langer and makes the photos through a window of the building, Alex realizes that he is being photographed and orders his FBI bodyguards to go after Tommy and kill him. The player gets a wanted level of five stars and should exit the building being attacked in the corridors of the building by various Alex's bodyguards making it difficult to return to the studio.
- To make the mission easier, you can take pictures of the roof of another building close by using a helicopter to get there. The helicopter can also be a perfect getaway vehicle when you go back to the studio to complete the mission without having to kill anyone and avoiding the police.
- Park the Sparrow way out on the beach behind the Vice Point Langer. The police have a hard time getting there, giving the player plenty of time to get in and then fly back to the studio.
- Fly a good way up. This way, the game will have a harder time loading the various riff raffs and bullets will have a harder time reaching the Sparrow.
- If the Sparrow proves a little too weak (Sparrows are one of the weaker helicopters), buy Hyman Condo as there is a much tougher Maverick on the roof. Or get the Hunter from Fort Baxter before the start of the mission. Just park the helicopter a good ways away from pink marker or else it will disappear.
The reward for this mission is $4,000. The mission G-Spotlight is unlocked.
- This is the only mission in GTA Vice City where the player can use a camera (without modifications).
- This is the only time in GTA Vice City when the player can obtain a special, gold Stretch. After Candy is dropped off, the Stretch will park itself on the road just south of Malibu Club. After clearing the wanted level, the player can obtain the Stretch and proceed to complete the mission normally.
- During the cutscene, Steve states that "after his close encounter with the nympho-invaders", the hero of the movie is "unable to think of anything but this huge phallic mountain" and then mentions doing a scene with a vat of mashed potatoes. This is an obvious reference to the real film Close Encounters of the Third Kind, which has the main character, after encountering a UFO, become obsessed with the vaguely phallic Devil's Tower National Monument, at one point making several sculptures of it with, among other materials, mashed potatoes.
- Sometimes when you proceed with the mission Congressmen Alex Shrub is on VCPR discussing public safety.
- The penthouse that Congressmen Alex Shrub is at when you take the photos used to belong to Gonzalez.
- In the Japanese version of the game, during the intro cut scene, Candy's "OHHH, AHHH, YES, YEEESSS!!!" climax was censored off to comply with that country's stringent sex laws. This does not apply to the 10th Anniversary edition, though.
- Candy seems to have betrayed Tommy in this mission, she's says to Alex Shrub: "Martha, someone's watching.. how kinky." when you take the last picture and then your wanted level increse to five. Anyway, apparently nothing was done against her in retaliation.
- A glitch is present in this mission. Before Candy gets into the Stretch at the beginning of the mission, the player can run over to the Stretch and shoot the driver in the head. He will fall out of the driver's side door dead and with the door unlocked, but when Candy enters the Limousine, it will drive to its destination with no driver even if Tommy is in the driver's seat. Alternatively, the player can take a flamethrower and torch the car, and the driver will get out of the car and flee. With this glitch, it is possible to get into the limo and being driven automatically to the destination. This glitch is present only on the PS2 version of the game, and it seems to have been fixed in subsequent versions.
|iPad 2 Version|