|"Jerry" redirects here. For other characters of the same name, see Jerry (GTA III) or Jerry Kapowitz.|
- "You know what your problem is, Vic? You're trying to be the good guy in a bad man's game. Huh, I thought you had potential. Turns out you're just another chump..."
- ― Jerry Martinez
Martinez does not take his position seriously and is generally a man of loose morals, as shown by his involvement in drug dealing, soliciting prostitutes and watching a Candy Suxx animal porn movie in his barracks.
Events of GTA Vice City Stories
Martinez is one of the first characters introduced in the game, giving Victor the game's first missions.
Martinez orders Victor to get a shipment of drugs for him and hide them in the barracks. Later, he tells Victor, who is very uneasy about housing the drugs, that he will collect the marijuana once Victor picks up his "girlfriend" (a prostitute named Mary). When Victor arrives at Fort Baxter however, he is confronted by drill Sergeant Peppah who informs him that they found the drugs and question him about the prostitute in his car. Victor is dishonorably discharged from the Army.
Martinez later betrays both Vic and Phil, sending a group of thugs to see to their death. He makes a deal with the Mendez brothers to oversee their shipment of cocaine arriving into Vice but it is ambushed and stolen by Victor and Lance. Realizing his situation with the Mendez brothers was risky, he decided to turn states and enters witness protection, receiving the new identity of "Sven Johansson". Martinez later, along with the Mendez brothers, kidnap Vic's girlfriend Louise and beat her savagely and leave her with their men.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Soldier (Boss)
- Cleaning House (Boss)
- Conduct Unbecoming (Boss)
- Truck Stop
- Marked Men (Betrayal)
- From Zero To Hero
- Brawn of the Dead (Voice)
- The Mugshot Longshot
- White Lies (Post-mission pager message)
- Where it Hurts Most (Post-mission pager message)
- Lost and Found (Post-mission pager message)
- Over the Top (Post-mission pager message)
- Last Stand (Killed)
- Although Martinez is addressed as Sergeant Martinez, the uniform in his artwork bears the insignia of a Staff Sergeant.
- Despite being based at Fort Baxter, an Army National Guard depot, Martinez's artwork depicts him wearing a uniform with United States Marine Corps insignia. The USMC is an separate branch of the armed forces under the Department of the Navy, not the Army.
- In the mission "From Zero to Hero," Martinez is seen to be piloting a Hunter helicopter. However, his position as a sergeant forbids him from piloting it, as in reality, the AH-64 Apache (the Hunter's real-life basis) can only be flown by warrant officers. This may highlight the extent of his corruption and his attempt to bring Vic down by any means, or is simply an oversight by the developers.
- Although from game release dates, he is the last 3D Universe antagonist, he is chronologically the first main antagonist in the 3D Universe.