- "I'm not angry, I'm EX-CER-CISING!"
- ―Mary-Ann Quinn
Mary-Ann is a high-strung, fitness obsessed nut who trains for foot and bicycle races as well as a triathlon.
She comes across as extremely angry, but will deny that she is when asked. She often offers up personal information about herself whether or not she has been asked. She'll also talk about personal problems, and then dismisses her own concern, though clearly her tone and actions prove that these things bother her greatly.
She appears to be utterly disdainful of males and usually berates them with a string of verbal insults, whether warranted or not. She's also convinced that every male that approaches her wants to have sex with her, which she is quick to make clear will not happen.
According to her Lifeinvader account, Mary-Ann is seeing a man named Adam, who was met through a blind date set by her swimming coach, and it seems he's the man that Trevor beats when he meets Mary-Ann in her Strangers and Freaks mission, as she's stating in the Lifeinvader page that she's gonna meet him near the Vinewood Sign, where is the place the mission gets triggered. She also states she's a Senior Vice President in her profile page.
Trevor appears to be in love with her, but his sincerity is difficult to gauge and sometimes it appears that he's mocking her.
Mary-Ann appears in the following Strangers and Freaks side missions:
- Exercising Demons
- MaryAnn is 39 and single.
- She also humorously states she's in her 30s if Michael races with her in running gear.
- She doesn't want to get pregnant because she is afraid of getting fat.
- She was planning to have a child via a surrogate.
- Despite obtaining her personal phone number, she never makes any calls or can be called on by any of the characters.
- Michael De Santa is the only one of the three protagonists that she friends on Lifeinvader.
- When you go to her LifeInvader page a short while after the race with Michael De Santa, her most recent message reads "My tapering strategy is completely f****d! I just got beaten in a run by a chubby guy who must have been at least in his mid 40s! I've never been so humiliated in my life!"
- When she meets Trevor for his side-mission, she vehemently denies she has nothing in-common with him when he begins to come on to her but shares many of his traits, such as irrational anger, no emotional control and making no sense.
- If you manage to get ahold of her bike you'll find that it has a much faster speed than any other bike in the game.
- It is very likely that Mary-Ann is possibly inspired by real life fitness trainer Jillian Michaels. Like Mary Ann, Jillian is often known for shouting at the contestants who have her as a trainer on The Biggest Loser.
- Franklin Clinton mentions during his mission that she should hang out with his aunt Denise Clinton; who both share feminist personalities.