This massive skyscraper and its adjoining plaza and gardens occupy an entire block in Pillbox Hill, demarcated by San Andreas Avenue, Vespucci Boulevard, Alta Street and Power Street. It is one of the most recognizable buildings in Los Santos, often used in establishing shots for the city in films and television programs. The skyscraper features a usable helipad on its roof.
The building was constructed prior to 1985 and is the main headquarters for Maze Bank, and is based on the real-life U.S. Bank Tower in Los Angeles, the tallest building west of the Mississipi River and the 64th tallest building in the world. It is also the second tallest building in a major active seismic region; its structure was designed to resist an earthquake of 8.3 on the Richter scale.
Events in GTA V
Events in GTA Online
- Unlike the Los Santos Tower in San Andreas, the player cannot get to the top of the roof on foot (unless a parachuting activity is started). The player will need an aircraft to get to the top.
- With some effort, it is possible for players to land planes as large as the Titan on the helipad. Planes can also get stuck on the signs on the building's roof, preventing them from exploding.
- The Maze Bank Tower is 1,050 ft tall, as stated in the description of the parachute jump "Figure of Eight" in GTA Online. This makes it 32 feet taller than its real life counterpart the US Bank Tower, which is 1,018 feet. Its height would make it the second tallest building in the HD Universe after the Rotterdam Tower, and barely taller than the Zirconium Building in Liberty City (assuming its height is the same of its real life counterpart, the Chrysler Building, which is 1,046 ft). As its real life counterpart (the U.S. Bank Tower) is the tallest building West of the Mississippi, this seems accurate.
- It is revealed in the campaign video for Jock Cranley that the tower was built prior to 1985.
- It is exactly 1,559 ft shorter than Mount Chiliad, being almost half of its total height.