|Not to be confused with Sandy Shores Airfield, another airstrip in Blaine County.|
The airfield is based on Bakersfield Municipal Airport.
Signage on the hangar indicates that the airstrip was once owned by Vapid suggesting that the car manufacturer may have operated aircraft at some point. This is likely a reference to the Ford Motor Company Aviation Division that built the famous Ford Trimotor, since Vapid represents Ford.
There is also a Jacksheepe badge image at the right of the entrance.
Events of Grand Theft Auto Online
During the heist setup mission Prison Break - Plane the crew is required to steal a Velum 5-Seater from the hangar. The plane is guarded by Vagos gang members which the player must fight his way through in order to obtain the plane. One of the Gang Attacks also happens here.
Events of Grand Theft Auto V
In Minor Turbulence Trevor says that he is going to land the Cargo Plane at McKenzie Field, but this is practically impossible as the Cargo Plane is too big for any runway due to its large wingspan, and it would likely crash into an obstacle. Also, the plane would need a longer runway for taking off and landing. In the end, Trevor never makes it to the airfield, as military forces shoot the plane down, forcing Trevor to evacuate and crash the plane into the Alamo Sea instead.
Grand Theft Auto Online
Rank-specific aircraft will spawn here.
- Velum: Spawns at the parking space west of the hangar.
- Mammatus: Spawns at the parking space west of the hangar.
- Cargobob: Spawns after passing Rank 20 in Grand Theft Auto Online.
- Frogger: Spawns at the eastern end of the runway near the hangar.
Grand Theft Auto V
- Injection: Can be found just east of the hangar. The vehicle is unlocked suggesting it officially comes with the property.
- Duster: Occasionally, an NPC-controlled Duster will land on the airfield.