|Not to be confused with Sandy Shores Airfield, another nearby airstrip.|
It is possible to buy the airstrip as Trevor after the mission Nervous Ron for a cheap $150,000. The airstrip features a single dirt runway and a hangar capable of housing a small aircraft. Unfortunately, the player cannot store their own aircraft in the hangar, as Trevor's Cuban 800 used in Arms Trafficking missions always spawns in the hangar replacing other aircraft.
The airfield is based on Bakersfield Municipal Airport.
Signage on the hangar indicates that the airstrip was once owned by Vapid suggesting that the car manufacturer may have operated aircraft at some point. This is likely a reference to the Ford Motor Company Aviation Division that built the famous Ford Trimotor, since Vapid represents Ford.
There is also a Jacksheepe badge image at the right of the entrance.
Events of Grand Theft Auto Online
During the heist setup mission Prison Break - Plane the crew is required to steal a five-seat Velum from the hangar. The plane is guarded by Vagos gang members which the player must fight his way through in order to obtain the plane.
Events of Grand Theft Auto V
At the same mission, Trevor says that he is going to land the Cargo Plane at McKenzie Field, but this is practically impossible as the Cargo Plane is too big for any runway due to its large wingspan, and it would likely crash into an obstacle. Also, the plane would need more runway for taking off and landing. In the end, Trevor never makes it to the airfield, as military forces shoot the plane down, forcing Trevor to evacuate.
Once the hangar has been purchased it can be used for Arms Trafficking missions by land or air. There is a Dune Buggy for the land missions and a Cuban 800 for the air deliveries. After finishing a delivery Trevor is paid $5000 for land deliveries and $7000 for air deliveries. Completing air deliveries quickly awards a time bonus of $125, accuracy with drops gives additional $125 bonus and flying below radar on missions that require it give yet another $125.
Unlike other properties that generate varying levels of income on a regular basis, these missions are the only way to generate income from the hangar. The trade-off is that the owner doesn't have to worry about being summoned to deal with various issues and can engage in the missions at his leisure or ignore them after completing the first set.
Grand Theft Auto V
- BF Injection: Can be found just east of the hangar. The vehicle is unlocked suggesting it officially comes with the property.
- Cuban 800: Inside the hangar after buying the property. Automatically triggers the Arms Trafficking side-mission when entered and thus cannot be used for any other purpose. Also will spawn in GTA Online inside of the Hangar.
- Dune Buggy: To the left to the hangar after buying the property. Automatically triggers the Arms Trafficking side-mission when entered and once again cannot be used for anything else.
- Duster: Occasionally, an NPC-controlled Duster will land on the airfield.
Grand Theft Auto Online
Rank-specific aircraft will spawn here.
- Velum: Spawns at the parking space west of the hangar.
- Mammatus: Spawns at the plane parking space west of the hangar.
- Cargobob: Spawns after passing level 20 in GTA Online.
- Frogger: Spawns at the eastern end of the runway near the hangar.