After Trevor decides to take the plans using a chopper and a submarine, the player needs to steal a yellow Submersible, which is hanging off the freighter located in the Port of Los Santos. To free the submarine, Trevor can sneak onto the ship and release the cables holding the submarine using an on-ship control panel. There is one guard that Trevor must either avoid or kill. Alternatively, Trevor can use a sniper rifle to take out the cables holding the submarine, which lets the submarine fall into the water. Either way, Trevor must then board the submarine and pilot it to a different part of the port. There, Floyd pulls the submarine from the water using a crane and places the submarine on a semi-truck with a large flatbed trailer. Trevor and Floyd tie down the submarine, then together drive it to a port warehouse for safekeeping.
- Retrieve the sub.
- Go to the extraction point.
- Drop the sub off at the warehouse.
- Get out of the truck.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Time - Complete within 08:30.
- Skip the cutscene and take the boat towards south Elysian Island and then go towards Pier 400 and stay close to the surface to avoid underwater obstacles.
- No Boarding - Steal the Submersible without boarding the boat.
- Snipe the cables from land and dive into the water to obtain the Submersible.
- Sniping the cables from land is a much easier and faster way to obtain than boarding the boat to release the minisub. The player won't receive a wanted level as well.
- An easy way to make the minisub delivery trip shorter is to use a cargobob to carry the submarine. This can only be accomplished using the offshore approach, however, through the previous setup Cargobob. The player will have to land the chopper on the helipad and abandon it in order to fail and cancel the mission to keep it. Otherwise, taking the chopper to the dropping point will restrain the player from its use.
- This mission is the only heist set-up mission to appear in both Option A and Option B of a heist set-up.
- This mission is one of the first instances in the game where Dolphins can be observed. Several will usually take interest in the Submersible, and can be identified by their calls.
- It is possible to unhook the trailer from the Packer and grab a different truck to pull the trailer. However, during the Merryweather Heist, the same Packer used to pull the Submersible will appear instead of the different truck the player used earlier.
- If the player skips the cutscene of the Submersible being loaded, the crane will not be there.
- It is also possible to let the cutscene play as normal, then driving away and returning back to where the vehicle is loaded. The crane will not be there, but the steel cable can be seen floating mid-air.
- During the mission, the Submersible stays on the trailer and will not move unless by hard collisions. However, after finishing the mission, if the player attemps to take the trailer (pushing the truck until it is detached with another semi-truck), it may cause the sub to shake violently to the point it explodes.
- Rarely, the sub will dissapear, but the truck and the trailer will not.