- "Efficient, practical, reliable, squarely middle-class. It won't get you laid but, let's face it, if you're shopping for a minivan you gave up on that a long time ago."
- ―Southernsanandreassuperautos.com description.
The Vapid Minivan is a four-door minivan in Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V. It replaces its previous counterpart, the Blista, featured in Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, although it returns in Grand Theft Auto V as a hatchback, instead of a minivan.
The Minivan is modeled after the fourth generation Dodge Caravan, although its lower ground clearance and sleeker design make it look more regal. Its grill is modeled after that of the fourth generation Chrysler Voyager US model. The rear of the Minivan resembles that of the 1999-2003 Ford Windstar, although the tail lights have rear fog lights added and smaller turn signal portions. It can be found with a roof spoiler or luggage rails (although both cases feature a "Minivan Sport" badge on the rear liftgate). The Minivan is the basis for the GTA IV Cabby, which has its own "Minivan Cabby" lift-gate badge. The van may come with a roof-mounted luggage rack or a rear spoiler.
The Minivan is badged as both a Vapid vehicle and, in the case of the Cabby, a Schyster one, it may also suggest a partnership between Vapid and Schyster, although Schyster is most likely partnered with Bravado like Chrysler and Dodge in reality. It may suggest a larger mother company like General Motors or Fiat (which also owns the Chrysler Group, including the Dodge brand) which produces the same vehicles under different brands. Alternatively, the Cabby's "Limited Vapid Design" badging suggests that the Cabby could be manufactured under licence by Schyster, or could be a rebadge of the Vapid Minivan.
Current Design Gallery
Version History Gallery
Under the bonnet of the Minivan lies what sounds to be a reasonable flat-plane V6 engine, where the cover is more like a V8 engine. The badging states the engine has 24 valves (24v), meaning the engine is logically a straight 6 or V6. Although the engine and the AWD drivetrain works hard to propel the minivan off the line, its sluggish 4 speed automatic transmission combined with the minivan's immense weight severely limits overall performance, not making the Minivan an ideal getaway vehicle, especially under hot pursuit. Though the output of this smooth-yet-potent engine is far from optimal, the sheer weight and aerodynamic properties of the Minivan results in a double-figure 0-60mph time and a low 125mph (201km/h) top speed. The firmness of the suspension, its AWD drivetrain and the rather low ride height give the Minivan ample support and stability when cornering, though under-steer is often noticeable. Braking is good, and ABS is standard on all models.
In the event of a crash, the bodywork tends to stay very well intact, although driver safety isn't exactly class-leading in high-speed accidents. Although it was never intended for this purpose, if you ever find yourself off-roading in a Minivan, whether taking a shortcut or trying to escape from attackers, be wary of steep hills and uneven ground. While the minivan lacks the necessary power for excessive spinouts, it doesn't provide enough torque evenly to its rear tires to avoid getting stuck on even rather shallow hills or get over small obstacles.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||125 / 201||
2000 / 4409
Mass cannot be observed.
Grand Theft Auto IV
- The Minivan commonly spawns around Westdyke and Leftwood, Hove Beach, Firefly Projects and Firefly Island in Broker.
- It can be seen driving in Bohan Industrial.
Grand Theft Auto V
- The default radio stations of the Minivan are:
- The GTA IV Minivan is equipped with a GPS system with a male voice, but only if the player leaves the "selected cars" (default) option in the audio menu.
- After collecting all thirty cars for Stevie he agrees to purchase cars from Niko Bellic, with the Minivan fetching $2,000 in perfect condition.
- Vehicles similar in appearance to extended versions of the Minivan appear in Rockstar San Diego's Midnight Club: Los Angeles.
- The "Vapid Designed" badge located near both rear wheel wells is misspelled as "Vapid Desgined". This error is also seen on the Cabby.
- In GTA V, the Minivan has a texture and badging error on the passenger side showing a mirrored "Minivan" badge. The same error is present on the Turismo R.