The Vapid Minivan is a four-door minivan in Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V. It replaces its previous counterpart, the Blista, featured in Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. After collecting all thirty cars for Stevie he agrees to purchase cars from Niko Bellic, with the Minivan fetching $2,000 in perfect condition.
DesignThe Minivan is modeled after the Fourth Generation Dodge Caravan, although its lower ground clearance and sleeker design make it look more luxurious. The rear of the Minivan resembles that of the Second Generation Ford Windstar. It can be found with a roof spoiler or luggage rails (although both cases feature a "Minivan Sport" badge on the rear liftgate). The Minivan is the basis for the GTA IV Cabby, which has its own "Minivan Cabby" liftgate badge. The van may come with a roof-mounted luggage rack or a rear spoiler. The Minivan is badged as both a Vapid vehicle and, in the case of the Cabby, a Schyster one, it may also suggest a partnership between Vapid and Schyster, although Schyster is most likely partnered with Bravado like Chrysler and Dodge in reality. It may suggest a larger mother company like General Motors which produces the same vehicles under different brands. Alternatively, the Cabby's "Limited Vapid Design" badging suggests that the Cabby could be manufactured under licence by Schyster, or could be a rebadge of the Vapid Minivan.
Under the bonnet of the Minivan lies a reasonably torqueful 24-valve V6 engine. Though the output of this smooth-yet-potent engine is far from meagre, the sheer weight and aerodynamic properties of the Minivan results in a double-figures 0-60mph time and a lowly 125mph (201km/h) maximum. The firmness of the suspension and the rather low ride height give the Minivan ample support and stability when cornering, though understeer is often noticeable. Braking is good, and the ABS works well on all models. In the event of a crash, the bodywork tends to stay very well in tact, although driver safety isn't exactly class-leading in high-speed accidents. Pedestrian safety is not great; the shape of the car suggests that if involved in a crash with a pedestrian, there is a high risk of being pulled under the wheels and being crushed to death.
- The Minivan commonly spawns around Westdyke and Leftwood.
- It can be seen driving in Bohan Industrial, Hove Beach, Firefly Projects and Firefly Island, Broker.
- The default radio station of the Minivan is The Vibe 98.8.
- In GTA IV: The Lost and Damned, the Minivan is listed as a Bravado-branded car in the game's default files. Oddly, GTA IV's and GTA: The Ballad of Gay Tony's default files lists it as a Vapid-brand car. This could be an error because the Minivan resembles mostly the Dodge Caravan. The back resembles the Ford Windstar.
- Minivans appear in Midnight Club Los Angeles with a longer wheelbase and slightly different front and rear fascias.
- On the lower side near the back wheels, there is a badging that reads Vapid Desgined. This could be misspelling error. Use the OpenIV to clearly see this.