This is a comprehensive list of storyline missions in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. There are 100 missions in total (101 including the opening sequence).
Los Santos Missions
Protagonist Carl Johnson returns home to Los Santos and needs to reestablish himself in the neighborhood. Years previously, the death of his brother, Brian Johnson, was blamed on him by his elder brother, Sweet, and Carl moved away for a fresh start in Liberty City. Following the death of his mother in a drive-by shooting, he returns and decides to stay for good. Missions involve him working for the prominent members of the Grove Street Families: his brother Sweet, childhood friend and junkie Ryder, and cryptic childhood friend, Big Smoke. Other than those three, CJ participates in illicit street racing with his sister Kendl's boyfriend, Cesar Vialpando, who faces a lot of prejudice from Sweet, who looks down on Cesar being Mexican. CJ also does missions for OG Loc, a GSF associate obsessed with his "gangsta" rapper image but in reality, his crimes range from parking fines to joyriding. Meanwhile, C.R.A.S.H., led by Frank Tenpenny and Eddie Pulaski, exploit CJ into doing their dirty work; on the threat of charging him for Officer Pendelbury's murder which they committed themselves.
There are 28 missions (without the opening sequence) in Los Santos.
- In the Beginning - The opening cutscene, and then make your way back to Grove Street to receive the first mission.
- Big Smoke - Meet Big Smoke inside the Johnson House.
- Sweet & Kendl - Escape from the Ballas riding a BMX and explore parts of the city of Los Santos.
- Tagging Up Turf - Spray over some Ballas tags.
- Cleaning the Hood - Take out drug dealers in your territory and destroy a Ballas crack den.
- Drive-Thru - Visit Cluckin' Bell and stop the Ballas from getting to Grove Street.
- Nines and AK's - Visit Emmet for some target practice and buy clothes at a Binco shop.
- Drive-By - Perform drive-by shootings on Ballas.
- Sweet's Girl - Save Sweet and his girl from an onslaught of Seville Boulevard Families gang members.
- Cesar Vialpando - Follow Kendl and win the Lowrider Challenge.
- OG Loc - Pick up OG Loc from jail, chase and kill Freddy, and take OG Loc to Burger Shot.
- Running Dog - Chase down a Los Santos Vagos gang member.
- Wrong Side of the Tracks - Disrupt a gang meeting and follow a train.
- Just Business - Help Big Smoke fight against the Russian Mafia.
- Home Invasion - Rob a war veteran for weapons crates.
- Catalyst - Steal weapons off a train.
- Robbing Uncle Sam - Raid a National Guard base.
- Life's a Beach - Steal a sound system for OG Loc's house party.
- Madd Dogg's Rhymes - Steal Madd Dogg's rhyme book.
- Management Issues - Kidnap and kill Alan Crawford and his girlfriend.
- House Party - Visit OG Loc's party and protect Grove Street from an attack by the Ballas.
- Burning Desire - Burn down a Vagos member's house and rescue a girl.
- Gray Imports - Kill a Russian arms dealer.
- Doberman - Take over Glen Park and kill Little Weasel.
- Los Sepulcros - Kill the Ballas gang leader Kane.
- Reuniting the Families - Take Sweet to reunite the Grove Street Families and escape from the police.
- The Green Sabre - Witness Smoke and Ryder's betrayal, then rush to rescue Sweet.
Countryside Missions (Red County, Flint County, Whetstone)
CJ has stumbled onto something that is much bigger than himself. It appears that Grove Street Family member and childhood friend Big Smoke is in an alliance with Officer Tenpenny and helps demolish the established influence and territory of the GSF (allowing the Ballas to take over as the dominant gang in the city) in exchange for money and powerful connections. Tenpenny warns CJ to stay away from Big Smoke otherwise Sweet, who was arrested, will suffer in prison. Tenpenny has a few loose ends that need to be taken care of, and Carl takes care of them, while trying to keep himself and his sister out of danger. Unknown to Tenpenny, Carl attempts to gain money and connection with his sister's boyfriend's cousin, Catalina.
There are 10 missions in Angel Pine (4 missions are cutscenes of 4 robbery missions).
- Badlands - Take out an an FIB witness for Tenpenny.
- First Date - Meet Cesar's cousin. NOTE: Choose a Robbery mission listed below after the cutscene (Tanker Commander is recommended, because this mission is in Dillimore, which is the player's location saving travelling away and back to Dillimore again).
- King in Exile - Meet Cesar and Kendl again.
- First Base - NOTE: Choose a Robbery mission listed below after the cutscene (Local Liquor Store is recommended).
- Gone Courting - NOTE: Choose a Robbery mission listed below after the cutscene (Against All Odds is recommended).
- Made in Heaven - NOTE: Choose a Robbery mission listed below after the cutscene (Small Town Bank is recommended).
- Tanker Commander - Hijack a petrol tanker in Dillimore.
- Local Liquor Store - Rob a liquor store in Blueberry.
- Against All Odds - Rob the Off-Track Betting shop in Montgomery.
- Small Town Bank - Rob a bank in Palomino Creek.
- Wu Zi Mu - Race against Wu Zi Mu.
- Farewell, My Love... - Race against Catalina and her new boyfriend, Claude.
San Fierro Missions
CJ is starting to build his own name in San Fierro while still working for Tenpenny. Truth, who used to be Tenpenny's supplier before he was double-crossed by him, introduces him to ordinary people with talents to assist him. Woozie, a Chinese Triad leader whom CJ met at a race, gives him work to further establish himself. With the help of Cesar, Truth, Woozie, and the others, CJ manages to inflict major damage on the drug trade in Los Santos that provides for Smoke's new empire.
There are 26 missions in San Fierro.
- Wear Flowers in Your Hair - Pick up some friends of The Truth, who can help with the garage.
- 555 We Tip - Frame a district attorney that is causing Tenpenny problems, by posing as a valet and planting drugs in his car.
- Deconstruction - Get revenge on some builders for calling Kendl a hooker by destroying portable buildings and burying the foreman.
Zero (optional, needed for 100% Completion)
- Air Raid - Defend Zero's transmitters from Berkley's bombers.
- Supply Lines... - Kill Berkley's delivery boys.
- New Model Army - Help Zero in a RC war.
- Jizzy - Help Jizzy out with his pimping duties..
- T-Bone Mendez - Retrieve some stolen cash from bikers.
- Mike Toreno - Find and rescue Mike Toreno.
- Mountain Cloud Boys - Escort Woozie to a Triad meeting, then escape the Da Nang Boys.
- Ran Fa Li - Steal a car from the airport and take it to a lockup, escaping the Da Nang Boys.
- Lure - Act as a decoy for Ran Fa Li, and lead the Da Nang Boys on a chase through the countryside.
- Amphibious Assault - Bug a Da Nang meeting on a boat.
- The Da Nang Thang - Sneak on board, release some slaves from a boat and kill the Snakehead.
- Outrider - Transport drugs past roadblocks.
- Snail Trail - Snipe a journalist and his contact.
Wu Zi Mu
- Toreno's Last Flight - Shoot down Mike Toreno's helicopter.
- Yay Ka-Boom-Boom - Blow up a drug factory.
School (optional, needed for 100% completion)
- Back to School - Learn some advanced driving techniques.
Cesar Vialpando (optional, needed for 100% completion)
- Zeroing In - Steal a car with a tracking system.
- Test Drive - Steal and test some racing cars with Cesar.
- Customs Fast Track - Steal a car from a container at the docks and beat the security guards.
- Puncture Wounds - Use stingers to steal a car.
Desert Missions (Bone County, Tierra Robada)
Mike Toreno, a member of a clandestine government organization who CJ originally thought to be involved with the drug ring, reveals that it was a decoy of himself that CJ killed in a previous mission. Mike reveals the Loco Syndicate was a front to finance his agency's operations in Latin America. Toreno tells CJ the truth about Tenpenny's crimes. In return for the assurance that Toreno will keep Sweet safe while in prison and try to use his connections to release him, CJ will need to do missions for Toreno. This will also serve as a way for CJ to make up for sabotaging Toreno's drug peddling operation. Meanwhile, in the desert, Truth and CJ do missions involving alien cover-ups by the military.
There are 9 storyline missions in the desert.
- Monster - Complete a time trial in a Monster Truck.
- Highjack - Hijack a tanker and drive it back to Doherty with Cesar Vialpando.
- Interdiction - Escort and protect Toreno's helicopter, then take the contraband dropped by it.
- Verdant Meadows - Purchase the Verdant Meadows airstrip in Bone County.
- Black Project - Enter Area 69, and steal the Black Project.
- Green Goo - Steal the Green Goo from a train.
Las Venturas Missions
In Las Venturas, Woozie is about to open a new casino, but it becomes clear that the Sindacco Family, 1/3 of the owners of the Caligula's Casino, is trying to sabotage the Four Dragons. CJ and Woozie plot not only to send the Sindaccos a message, but also heist Caligula's. Meanwhile, Truth's connections lead him to Ken Rosenberg, a lawyer in charge of the business dealings of Caligula's, and later on, Salvatore Leone, Don of the Leone family. CJ gains the trust of the Salvatore to gain inside access, and also to help Ken escape the life-and-death situation of his job. Meanwhile, CJ saves Mad Dogg from attempting to jump from a building (after going drunk due to his career being over - ironically because CJ secretly stole Mad Dogg's rhyme book).
There are 19 storyline missions in Las Venturas.
- Fender Ketchup - Scare Johnny Sindacco by driving around with him on the car's windscreen.
- Explosive Situation - Steal dynamite from the Hunter Quarry.
- You've Had Your Chips - Destroy the Sindacco's fake casino chip-making machines.
- Don Peyote - Rescue Maccer and Kent Paul from the desert and bring them to Caligula's Palace, escaping the snake farmers.
Robbery (optional, needed for 100% completion)
- Architectural Espionage - Steal the blueprint for Caligula's Casino.
- Key to Her Heart - Gain the affections of Millie Perkins to gain a keycard for the casino.
- Dam and Blast - Plant explosive charges on the Sherman Dam so you can disable the power during the upcoming heist.
- Cop Wheels - Steal four HPV 1000 police bikes.
- Up, Up and Away! - Steal an armored truck using a Leviathan obtained from the K.A.C.C. military depot.
- Intensive Care - Rescue Johnny Sindacco from the Forelli Family in an ambulance.
- The Meat Business - Escape from the Sindaccos in the meat factory.
- Freefall - Intercept, board, empty, and land a plane full of Forellis.
- Misappropriation - Kill some federal agents in Bone County, and steal a dossier.
- High Noon - Chase and kill Eddie Pulaski.
Robbery (optional, needed for 100% completion)
- Breaking the Bank at Caligula's - Rob Caligula's Casino and escape back to the airstrip.
Return to Los Santos Missions
CJ has it all now. After helping Toreno with illegal government missions, Toreno fulfills his promise and uses his connections to release Sweet. CJ wants Sweet to join him in Las Venturas and their business in San Fierro, but Sweet wants to re-establish the GSF territory, and with the help of CJ, they do. Tenpenny gets arrested for his crimes to Los Santos, but with the lack of evidence (Officer Pulaski killed Officer Hernandez, and Officer Pulaski and many other people who could be used as key witnesses were killed by CJ under Tenpenny's orders), Tenpenny goes free, making the people turn Los Santos into a riot city. Amidst the dangerous rioters and fires, CJ manages to find Tenpenny and Smoke, kills Smoke, and chases Tenpenny until he gets into a car accident that kills him.
There are 8 story missions in Los Santos after the return.
- Vertical Bird - Steal a Hydra from an aircraft carrier and use it to destroy some spy boats.
- Home Coming - Pick Sweet up from the police station, take out some drug dealers, and reclaim Ganton from the Ballas.
- Cut Throat Business - Chase OG Loc to reclaim Madd Dogg's music.
- Beat Down on B Dup - Start a gang war to re-claim Glen Park, confront B Dup.
- Grove 4 Life - Claim two areas of Idlewood from the Ballas.
- Riot - Drive to Grove Street from the mansion and witness the riot.
- Los Desperados - Retake Varrios Los Aztecas territory from the Vagos.
- End of the Line - Take out Big Smoke in his crack palace and chase down Frank Tenpenny to end things once and for all.